Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    The match is fast approaching, and it sounds like we are going to have a good crowd. If you are coming to compete and are new to USPSA please arrive as close to 6pm as possible and get registered and we will have a new shooters orientation prior to the shooters meeting. The first big thing for new shooters is the COLD RANGE. You are not permitted to handle your gun unless on the line and instructed to do so by the range officer. The other place you are permitted to handle your gun is the safe area. There is no handling of ammo, dummy rounds or snap caps in the safe area. The safe area will be clearly marked and in the back corner up range of the stalls.

Here is a link to the USPSA rulebook: http://www.uspsa.org/document_library/rules/2014/Feb 2014 Handgun Rules.pdf
    It would be a good idea to read chapter 10 on match disqualification and the penalties. The other thing to read would be the information on divisions so you know where your gun fits. Help can be provided on this at registration. Reading up on range commands would be a good idea as well. I will cover this material and answer questions with new shooters prior to the shooters meeting.

For the experience crowd: Making the evening run smooth will depend on getting good help pasting and running the tablet. We will have two dedicated RO's on the timer and want to leave those two on the timer as much as possible. We will be shooting stage 1 and then Stage 2 and then scoring them at the same time. We will have a white board where the shooting order will be written. Having the on deck guy ready when scoring is complete will help tremendously.

Shooters meeting at 6:30 sharp. First shot immediately following.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hey coach I'm gonna show up if I can find the place.

Come north on Dan Jones. After you go over the Railroad tracks in Avon turn right at the first light, then right at the stop sign and follow that road around to the range. Big blue building with Firearms: Range on it. Cannot miss it.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just read over the recommended gear thread that is stickied in the subforum and I have a question. That thread recommends a total of 5 mags. This shoot is only 3 rounds of 15 shots. My M&P9 holds 17 rounds in the mag, so I should never have to reload correct? I should be fine with my 2 mags?

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    For the experience crowd: Making the evening run smooth will depend on getting good help pasting and running the tablet. We will have two dedicated RO's on the timer and want to leave those two on the timer as much as possible. We will be shooting stage 1 and then Stage 2 and then scoring them at the same time. We will have a white board where the shooting order will be written. Having the on deck guy ready when scoring is complete will help tremendously.

Shooters meeting at 6:30 sharp. First shot immediately following.

Coach, I will be there and can help run scores or whatever.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Just read over the recommended gear thread that is stickied in the subforum and I have a question. That thread recommends a total of 5 mags. This shoot is only 3 rounds of 15 shots. My M&P9 holds 17 rounds in the mag, so I should never have to reload correct? I should be fine with my 2 mags?

If you shoot production the limit is 10 rounds in the magazine. So the 22 round course of fire would require 2 reloads in Production. You can shoot your gun and load the magazines to capacity and get by with 2 magazines. Read up on the division a bit in the rules and see what you want to do. Limited minor is not a bad way to go for a few matches to get you feet under you and get familiar with what needs to be done.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Had a work commitment come up that will probably keep me out this week. Hope it goes well and this becomes a regular event.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    If you shoot production the limit is 10 rounds in the magazine. So the 22 round course of fire would require 2 reloads in Production. You can shoot your gun and load the magazines to capacity and get by with 2 magazines. Read up on the division a bit in the rules and see what you want to do. Limited minor is not a bad way to go for a few matches to get you feet under you and get familiar with what needs to be done.

Oh I figured the courses would be 15 shots a piece. So it sounds like I should get an extra mag and a double mag holster...... Anyone have an extra mag and double holster for an M&P9 I could use while there?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Whatever you can move and shoot in and not fall down.

I'm still trying to find a mode of attire in which I won't fall. I almost took a spill at Riley on Sunday!

I'll be coming from Indianapolis. I know US-36 will have heavy traffic, but I don't see a better route. Take 36/Rockville Road to south on Dan Jones, then east on Kingston Street?

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm still trying to find a mode of attire in which I won't fall. I almost took a spill at Riley on Sunday!

I'll be coming from Indianapolis. I know US-36 will have heavy traffic, but I don't see a better route. Take 36/Rockville Road to south on Dan Jones, then east on Kingston Street?

I take I-70 west to Ronald Reagan Parkway. Head north on Ronald Reagan Parkway a few miles to E County Road 100 S. Turn left on to E County Road 100 S. You will be on E County Road 100 S for about 2 miles when you reach a round a bout that is Dan Jones Road. Make a right on to Dan Jones Road. You will travel about 3/4 of a mile when you go uphill over some railroad tracks. The stoplight at the bottom of the hill you need to turn right at. Then head back southwest on that road and you will see the Parabellum Range building.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I take I-70 west to Ronald Reagan Parkway. Head north on Ronald Reagan Parkway a few miles to E County Road 100 S. Turn left on to E County Road 100 S. You will be on E County Road 100 S for about 2 miles when you reach a round a bout that is Dan Jones Road. Make a right on to Dan Jones Road. You will travel about 3/4 of a mile when you go uphill over some railroad tracks. The stoplight at the bottom of the hill you need to turn right at. Then head back southwest on that road and you will see the Parabellum Range building.

I'm coming from the NW side of town. Do you think that would still be a better route?

Top Bottom