• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm coming from the NW side of town. Do you think that would still be a better route?

Probably not. I come from the Northeast side of town. I hate traveling on 36. To many stoplights and rush hour traffic sucks. So I learned the back roads to get to Diamond Collision since AllenM does work on my 1911's.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I'm still trying to find a mode of attire in which I won't fall. I almost took a spill at Riley on Sunday!

I'll be coming from Indianapolis. I know US-36 will have heavy traffic, but I don't see a better route. Take 36/Rockville Road to south on Dan Jones, then east on Kingston Street?

Morris street is halfway between 36 and 40 and it will come out on Dan Jones and is a decent east to west route.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Thanks. Do you have a mag holster as well? I only have a single, IWB mag holster.

Also, what is the typical attire for these things? Jeans, T-shirt, sneakers? Pearl snap, Wranglers, cowboy boots and hat?

no problem, I will bring a double mag holder too. That with your single should get you by. As far as attire, I would suggest some sneakers with good tread and ankle support and whatever cloths that are comfortable, but no kilts allowed...

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    anyone know how many folks are planning to attend?

I'd like to show up, but don't need to if this event is going to be too crowded.

I can let you know about 7pm, but registration will close before that. It is hard to say.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Indoor USPSA

I have a feeling there will be at least 40 shooter's tonight.

Was wondering if anyone could give an overview of the indoor shoot that was scheduled for this evening ? Number of shooters, number of first time shooters, general organizational effectiveness of stages and shooters,etc.

I would have attended but had a meeting to attend tonite. Am interested if attendees felt it was a good function that will be continued ?

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Close to 40 were there tonight. I didn't count, but possibly 15 new shooters. I thought it was fairly well organized, but I'm biased :-)

I'm sure Coach will have an AAR when its over. Looked like everyone was having fun. Folks seemed impressed with the range.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Was wondering if anyone could give an overview of the indoor shoot that was scheduled for this evening ? Number of shooters, number of first time shooters, general organizational effectiveness of stages and shooters,etc.
    I would have attended but had a meeting to attend tonite. Am interested if attendees felt it was a good function that will be continued ?

About 40 shooters, a decent number of newbies, very well organized, no mishaps and a good time. Parabellum did a good job with layout & made good use of the whole range. Lighting was better than I expected, the ventilation kept up with things, and the employees and volunteers did a great job helping.

It was a blast and I thank Coach, Steve, and everybody at Para for making it happen. They're planning a 90 round-count shoot in two weeks to the day, so mark your calendar. I see no limits for this event, if the shooters keep supporting it, and see no reason why they wouldn't.

If you want to get your feet wet in USPSA without burning half your weekend, this is perfect. If you have a friend who wants to try, I would recommend bringing them.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone who came out and shot the match this evening. The scores are up as you know.

https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=e909532a-e8a1-4545-b406-c65e13c3cd91

Jake will have some video and pictures in a day or so. Two weeks will be the next one. Figure on 90 rounds. Format will be a little different and I think we can make it so it will be shorter night for most folks. I appreciate all of the great help tonight with the timer, white board and tablet. Parabellum has SNS bullets in stock so if you are looking for bullet this is the place to get them local and save on shipping. In 2 weeks Mike Carroll will be back and making custom ear plugs.

Look for the match announcement for the next match to go up soon. For all of those who held back wanting to see how it would run it went pretty well.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Not much video of me tonight. My camera girl was busy working on scores. This will give some idea of smoke and lighting.

[video=youtube;IzuUr82mpFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzuUr82mpFo&list=UU4RXvjOjXvzlcbGKfn2Edzg[/video]

Top Bottom