• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder how long he's been there. For as much as we might blame Obama for certain decisions in the last 8 years, there were appointees who implemented the policies. This admiral, by chance or by choice, likely participated in the implementation. Perhaps he was too willing to implement the CINC's policies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I wonder how long he's been there. For as much as we might blame Obama for certain decisions in the last 8 years, there were appointees who implemented the policies. This admiral, by chance or by choice, likely participated in the implementation. Perhaps he was too willing to implement the CINC's policies.

Yeah, the politics is so thick at that level you can cut it with a knife. It appears that he and the CNO were on different sides of the coin.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've never heard of an admaril being relieved, the highest I've seen is Patton during WWII and he was redeemed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    "It seems to me that the farther back one traces their ancestry the better it gets. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Walter Wilson MD, DD, LLD

http://www.wholesomewords.org/biography/biorpwilson.html

This page does not list Honarary doctorates, so I may be mistaken. I believe he recieved at least two, One from Pilsbury BBC and one from Hyles-Anderson.

Last edited:

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Historically it has been an approximately two year gig and he was at the 1 year 11 months point. I read that he was supposed to be formally retiring in the next couple of weeks.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I am pleased to have the perspective of you and BA. this article is great.

I know it is no way near the same, but if someone has never read Two years before the mast by R,H. Dana it is well worth the read. The day in day out watches, work to be acomplished, and dangers of the sea even in those sailing ship days will give you an insight to the fatigue factor.

I also like the memes of sailors sleeping on file cabinets.

In the peace time army it is 9 months of 6-4:30 with weeks of 2 shift field duty interspersed throughout the year. There were many times that I worked several shifts straight and felt fatigued, but 6 months or more at a time is unconsionable.

Top Bottom