• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I may find it necessary to cancel Thanksgiving. Went shopping this weekend for ingredients and found my favorite brand of butter has been cut off at the knees. This brand loyalists is not happy as I can no longer enjoy one of the simple pleasures in life practicing origami with the butter box and laughing like a junior high boy.

CBX has given traditional American dairy brand Land O'Lakes a packaging update in order to help the brand keep up with other modern brands on the market. The design is clean and contemporary but still pays tribute to its historical roots, allowing for a vintage-inspired design solution that brand loyalists and newcomers will be fond of.

What a bunch of crap PC statement. We all know the real reason. #MeToo #IndianMaiden

00034500151368_A1C1-600.png

AyLNXeQCYAASHwy.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I may find it necessary to cancel Thanksgiving. Went shopping this weekend for ingredients and found my favorite brand of butter has been cut off at the knees. This brand loyalists is not happy as I can no longer enjoy one of the simple pleasures in life practicing origami with the butter box and laughing like a junior high boy.

What a bunch of crap PC statement. We all know the real reason. #MeToo #IndianMaiden

00034500151368_A1C1-600.png

AyLNXeQCYAASHwy.jpg
    Did she get bigger too? That’ll teach her to eat so much butter. Everyone knows that the poison they call margarine is much better for you!??

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Got done with the brown stock at 0700 today.

Started working on chicken stock earlier. I should be done by 0200 tomorrow. Hoping to soon make the brown sauce. Waiting on butter to melt to clarify.

I am going to enjoy serving. I will also be thrilled Thursday at 1400 when it is OVER!

Doug

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Turkey is in the oven now 7:45 ( thanksgiving eve)
    my wife just finished the deviled eggs
    tomorrow morning we start
    green beans
    mashed potatoes
    stuffing
    baked Mac and cheese
    rolls
    gravy
    you know traditional stuff
    and others are bringing deserts, too which I told people “I dont care what kind as long as at least one is pecan, and as god is my witness if no one brings at least one pecan pie no one will leave my house walking on two legs!” Cause I swear I will kneecap every one if I don’t get pecan pie!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Turkey is boned, stuffed and trussed. Roasted bones, wings and veg are simmering into stock. Ended up going to the office today so the stock becomes gravy tomorrow.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The turkey is brined and drying.

Several batches of candied pecans are done.

The spiced pumpkin cheesecake is done and cooling.

The flan is in and cooking.

Doug is about dead and only going to get about four (4) hours sleep.

I both enjoy and dread this, but as long as my parents enjoy it I will be pleased.

Regards and Happy Thanksgiving,

Doug

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Turkey turned out great with the dried fruit and herb stuffing. Gravy was perfect, nothing like good, long simmered stock as a base. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    We did turkey, loaded mashed potatoes and sausage stuffing. My wife also got an apple pie for dessert.

It was good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I FAILED MISERABLY!!!!!! All the planning and prep and food that I cooked, I didn’t plan for enough leftovers? Everyone ate EVERYTHING!:xmad:Im going to have to go get another small turkey to smoke just so I can have leftovers and turkey and noodles!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't get three (3) dishes done but the selection was still good.

I now have lots and lots of leftovers.

No water got into the spiced pumpkin cheesecake this time and it came out perfectly.

Here are a few pics if I can finagle it.

20181122_142552.jpg 20181122_152423(0).jpg 20181122_142530.jpg 20181122_142558.jpg

Regards,

Doug

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Late to this thread, I've been busy with work and off ingo for a couple weeks. Has been a busy week of cooking, 4 turkeys cooked. First one was Tuesday morning for my daughter's kindergarten feast. Had to get up way early to get it cooked, rested, and cut before I left for work, but it did mean I had a carcass from which to make stock. Thursday morning I made one traditional bird with dressing, one on the grill, and gravy to my wife's family. Got home from that at about 2:30 to get ready for 6:00 dinner at home with my side of the family. Another traditional with dressing, a small pan of oyster dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, pineapple jello rings, and homemade cranberries. Family brought deviled eggs, a cheese ball, pistachio fluff dessert, and pumpkin and apple pies. Had to hurry so I didn't have time to take pictures of the whole spread, but I did get pictures of the morning birds. The traditional
    RNjEa2n.jpg

And the grill
    oa1T3At.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Thanksgiving part 2 is today. Giant pot of collards seasoned with ham and bacon, Keto mashed “potatoes”, and a homemade Mac and cheese (for the carb indulgent).

Top Bottom