• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I find it hard to believe you could reliably skewer one with a kamikaze or rocket... more likely method would be to get your own drone and fly a small fishing net type of device over the top to tangle the rotors...

I would think it would only take one or two tangled rotors to bring one down. I was thinking braided fishing line.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I find it hard to believe you could reliably skewer one with a kamikaze or rocket... more likely method would be to get your own drone and fly a small fishing net type of device over the top to tangle the rotors...

I would think it would only take one or two tangled rotors to bring one down. I was thinking braided fishing line.

I like the way you guys think, simple yet effective!!!!:rockwoot:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

I'm not really sure. I figured the net would be the "catch-all" that literally caught all of the rotors to make sure. As you'll note from the video up-thread, that animals rights group has been able to "limp" their drone home multiple times after it was shot. I'm guessing they are pretty tough. Not to mention tha a couple strings may end up getting sucked into the same rotor only disabling one of them... I say the more the better... haha...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hmmm... been thinking more about this. Probably need a early warning/detection system.

Google-fu shows there's a Rasberry PI based platform out there on kickstarter that uses acoustic signature.

There's got to be some way to portably detect the 2.4/5.8 band transmissions and show intensity of the signals.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I'm not really sure. I figured the net would be the "catch-all" that literally caught all of the rotors to make sure. As you'll note from the video up-thread, that animals rights group has been able to "limp" their drone home multiple times after it was shot. I'm guessing they are pretty tough. Not to mention tha a couple strings may end up getting sucked into the same rotor only disabling one of them... I say the more the better... haha...

Kites trailing lots of PowerPro braid attached to the main line, which is also PP. Fly it with a low geared baitcaster, get it wrapped into a rotor and then just reel it in.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If that thing were flying around me and being bothersome/intruding my private space, it's not going to stay in the air very long. Provided there is a chance at a safe shot.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Maybe this?
    net_gun_2.gif

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Kites trailing lots of PowerPro braid attached to the main line, which is also PP. Fly it with a low geared baitcaster, get it wrapped into a rotor and then just reel it in.

Another great idea... barrage balloons were brought up in the thread I linked above, adapting that to a kite should work perfectly... It would definitely take some effort to tie up the line for such an setup but would be sweet when it worked...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Awhh, c'mon Kirk, you know you want to pilot one of my DH Industries Interceptor drones! The ghost of Jeff Cooper practically insists!

Well . . . *hands in pockets* . . . *draws line with toe of shoe, kicks rocks* . . . if the Ghost of Jeff Cooper insists!

Top Bottom