• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Well everybody who's anybody knows you don't hunt drone with rifles/handuns!
    Shotguns are preferred due to shot pellets not traveling more than 300yds.

From RangeInfo.org

• No. 2 shot- 300 yards

• No. 4 shot- 286 yards

• No. 6 shot- 242 yards

• No. 7 1/2 shot- 209 yards

• No. 8 shot- 198 yards

:lmfao:

yes a 12g with a very tight choke....:ar15:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    It would definitely be easiest to jam it, make it fall down.

Only with the cheapest, most bottom barrel drones will you end up with this outcome... on middle-road ones they will go into a "hover" mode until the battery is drained. IE, your jamming device better have a battery that will last longer than the drone or you will just waste time. On higher-end ones they have a "home" feature so when they lose guidance or communications with the controller they automatically return home via GPS. You cannot take out their GPS guidance without a precisely placed shot to the drone, or without taking out GPS on a larger scale (which will land you in some very hot water in very short order)...

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    So jam until it goes into hover mode which gives you an easier shot with a shotgun.

INGO problem solving strikes again.

Note: This post is for entertainment purposes only and is not meant as tactical advice. :):

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'm not thinkin PETA's going to be using the high dollar sophisticated ones, but I'm not gonna be using a battery anyway. Heck, I could spoof the GPS and... wait, I didn't say that.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Awww, come ON guys.

A Class 4 laser in the several kilowatt pulse range would do the trick; is something within the reach of the average motivated hobbyist; would be tricky to prove existed; and unless there are higher flying aircraft, would not have to deal with the danger of spent rounds. Buy your ultracapacitors a few at a time from discreet sources folks. Barring that, beamed microwave arrays could also be used to fry onboard electronics and is ALSO in the realm of the hobbyist.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh heck, we could EMP the thing, but why bother when we could just jam/spoof it to auger in? Lot less power required, and wouldn't mess with our own electronics.

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    I'm not thinkin PETA's going to be using the high dollar sophisticated ones, but I'm not gonna be using a battery anyway. Heck, I could spoof the GPS and... wait, I didn't say that.

$ 257 not that high dollar , pretty common really . Spoofing might help if I was using the gps to fly around to WPs but only a fool would use that for long range . Its not uncommon for me to lose gps when 3ding way the #### out there and just manually fly home with no back up. All deponds on how the pilot sets there gear up.

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    Awww, come ON guys.

A Class 4 laser in the several kilowatt pulse range would do the trick; is somethingithin the reach of the average motivated hobbyist; would be tricky to prove existed; and unless there are higher flying aircraft, would not have to deal with the danger of spent rounds. Buy your ultracapacitors a few at a time from discreet sources folks. Barring that, beamed microwave arrays could also be used to fry onboard electronics and is ALSO in the realm of the hobbyist.

Yaaaa but what about the anti mirowave rockets that just came out from china that the average hobbyist can use.

You would have to use the anti gravity fukasuarse rex microwave to counter the anti mirowave rockets , which can only be bought from Iran.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    So then we're back to a 12ga with 6 or 8 shot. Or maybe 00. GPS that. Sometimes the simple answers are the best.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    We have the mercenaries on standby awaiting coordinates.

Superhornet3.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Or just give give me 5 bucks and I'll ram them with mine .

I liking the trailing a line idea, put it on a servo that releases the line from your RC after it tangles theirs.
    Fly over theirs, snag it, push the button and watch your prey fall from the sky. Circle in glee.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It looked like a squirrel, I swear! I don't know what it was doing all the way up there, but I wanted me some dinner. Didn't quite turn out like I'd hoped.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Man, he is SOOO close to having the "full package" for this application... Turn that FA-18 Super Hornet into a EA-18 Growler (E stands for electronic warfare and it comes equipped with jammers) and he wouldn't have to do any "ramming", just "jamming"... :rockwoot:

We have the mercenaries on standby awaiting coordinates.

Superhornet3.jpg

Top Bottom