• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    For as cool as those are, they can still be susceptible to interference. As they proliferate, I suspect there will be various DIY (and possible off the shelf) ways to knock them out of the sky without firing a shot.

FCC regulations prohibit deliberate interference in the radio spectrum by consumer/commercial-grade technologies. Only government can flip the switch with things like RF jammers.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FCC regulations prohibit deliberate interference in the radio spectrum by consumer/commercial-grade technologies. Only government can flip the switch with things like RF jammers.

How much is that actually enforced though? Aren't there lots of those black market cell jammers out there?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Fight fire with fire.

[video=youtube;xjlgUx7_aN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjlgUx7_aN0[/video]

Civilian drone wars, I can see it now.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I swear, Mr. Ossifer--I swear I thought it was the biggest baddest squirrel I'd ever seen!!! An' it was a'comin' raight FOR me, honest!!! I just been sittin' here a tryin' ta figger out how ta skin the sucker when you pulled up an' all.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hmmm.. isn't there a fine line between jamming and broadcasting? I mean, in the bands these things operate in, aren't there a bunch of things that can transmit?

Besides, I'm thinking something portable, with a relatively short range. The UAV would have to be relatively close to be hassling the hunter, so < 200 yards even. I don't see the FCC being able to prove interference, even if it registered on their radar. (Pun intended.) :)

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It would definitely be easiest to jam it, make it fall down. What are they gonna say? I know somebody that has one of those cell jammers. It may have come off Ebay, but I refuse to know. The things people do, I'll tell ya.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    You may not be able to control the air space over your property, but you can post no trespassing signs on the ground and have them prosecuted when they come onto the property to recover one that "fell out of the air".

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You may not be able to control the air space over your property, but you can post no trespassing signs on the ground and have them prosecuted when they come onto the property to recover one that "fell out of the air".
    Sure but are you going to keep someone else's property?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sure, try hitting a target moving in the air. Have fun locating ALL your rounds that missed the drone and came down on someone else's property...hopefully not injuring anyone in the process. Totally worth it.

Well everybody who's anybody knows you don't hunt drone with rifles/handuns!
    Shotguns are preferred due to shot pellets not traveling more than 300yds.

From RangeInfo.org

• No. 2 shot- 300 yards

• No. 4 shot- 286 yards

• No. 6 shot- 242 yards

• No. 7 1/2 shot- 209 yards

• No. 8 shot- 198 yards

:lmfao:

Top Bottom