• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Last night in the big Kroger in Crawfordsville. Saw a young guy carrying a pistol in a belt or paddle holster with a tshirt pulled over about 90% of it. The muzzle end of the holster was protruding and it was printing well enough that there was no mistaking the outline. Couldn't quite make out the serial number, though.

I thought about asking him what he was carrying, but then I realized that 1) it was none of my business and 2) I was too tired for attitude if he didn't like being asked questions.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thursday saw a guy in Hardees near St Vincent on 86th st with that telltale straight line in his untucked shirt that the grip of the pistol he was carryin in the appendix position was making.

Labor Day afternoon saw a guy who was not a cop wearing a 5.11 vest leaving Bravo! on w 86th.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Elletsville mcdonalds, old boy had a MandP t shirt on with a young girl and a girl in her teens playing in the play area. Definitly a full size of some sort on his left side. Probably a m and p if i had to geuss.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    A couple of days ago (Fri iirc) older gentleman, tight shirt with what appeared to be a full sized revolver with a 4-6 in bbl.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thompson/Emerson Kroger. Black bald man, black shirt with his daughter. He had an OWB pistol of some sort (shaped like a Glock) with his shirt pulled over it. Considered asking about it, but remembered it's not cool to point out CC.

I'm seeing someone else with a gun there almost every other time I visit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thompson/Emerson Kroger. Black bald man, black shirt with his daughter. He had an OWB pistol of some sort (shaped like a Glock) with his shirt pulled over it. Considered asking about it, but remembered it's not cool to point out CC.

I'm seeing someone else with a gun there almost every other time I visit.

I'm seeing a lot more carrying of both methods as well. Krogers and Walmarts seem to be good places for seeing carrying in the wild... :)

seagullplayer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Crawford Co
    I saw it at the Corydon Wal-Mart this weekend. He almost had the job done, but his hoodie was just a little too short to cover everything.

No body else noticed.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Tuesday evening at Target near Thompson & US135. Guy about 6'3" wearing business casual. CCing at 4 O'clock in a black kydex holster. Medium frame handgun printing under jacket.

Cree

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2016
    Lafayette
    The most obvious ones that I have seen were just prior to winter setting in before the heavy clothes were brought out. More often than not, it has been someone trying to conceal a full-sized weapon carried in an outside the pants type belt holster.

Andy Cree

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    I have to wonder how many of these cc-fails are actually just 'discrete carry'. Don't want to cause a panic, but don't mind letting those who know what to look for know.

I'm not quite ready for daily carry myself (want to get a few classes and some more shooting experience), but so far my inclination is leaning towards owb for comfort/access, and open shirt or jacket just to keep it from being flagrant.

Is there a 'discrete carry thread?

Last edited:

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I saw a couple of shoppers at Cabelas carrying concealed today. One guy had a CZ shirt on and tactical belt...his weapon was concealed very well but the shirt and tactical belt gave it away making me look a little closer.

EPeter213,
    I would say there is a fairly high number of CC people who don't put a lot of effort into trying to be 100% concealed. We all have different levels of comfort and different philosophies when it comes to concealment. There are times when I discrete carry and other times when I put a lot of effort into trying to be concealed.

There is nothing wrong with discrete carry just depends on what you are comfortable with. The amount of effort I put into being totally concealed depends on the situation. I'm more inclined to be in discrete carry mode at home, out in the yard, around the neighborhood etc.

If I'm in a strange environment(especially in a crowd) where I feel there is a higher chance of encountering a threat (or I'm at a severe disadvantage if a threat knew i was armed) I put more effort into being concealed.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I see it occasionally but not often, probably only a couple times a year really. Of course my location has a lot to do with that. Randolph County isn't huge. According to ISP our county has 3839 active LTCH. The number for the entire state is 776,500. INGO currently has 42,681 members, that's including the shill accounts and the spammer accounts that are still around. INGO is a small percentage of those that have a LTCH. Take into account that there are probably lots of people that have the license but don't carry much if at all.
    Here's a link to some numbers:
    : View Firearms Licensing Statistics

On the occasion I do run into someone that's open carrying I will usually ask them if they are on INGO and try to strike up a conversation. So far, in my county, I've not found one. I'll tell them about the site so they can check it out, but randomly running across both an open carrier and an INGO member has been like chasing unicorns.

Top Bottom