• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I actually live in Santa Claus but i couple throw a rock and have a good chance of hitting one of the 23 residents of Lamar.:rockwoot: The wife and i have been shopping locally (only when necessary) and taking recommended measures. Staying away from the larger more populated towns. If i was in Marion county I'd be hunkered down till this blows over. :ingo:

So I dated the only crazy red head in Lamar? :dunno:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I think if this wasn't an election year things would have been handled differently. Three years ago I think we would have been a little more hesitant to shut down the country.

I'm not so sure about that, honestly.

We have examples around the world of different strategies being used, and how those have worked out.
    I remain completely convinced if we hadn't taken the measures we did, that we would not be worrying about the economy right now, we'd be worrying about food.

And for that matter, the markets have been recovering at an incredibly quick rate. We'll just have to see what happens in the long run, since we've printed 4T.
    Based on my experience with where the economy has gone in my lifetime, and what really decides the value of the dollar, I'm not convinced it will even matter. It's faith based currency.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Redheads....

It's like eating Hot & Spicy Chips.
    They burn your tongue, you get a runny nose, you start crying, etc... You wait a little bit, then you grab another one.

Redheads are like that.
    But add a black eye, fat lip, broken nose, empty bank account, dent in the car, hole in your chest and a bunch of blood...
    a whole bunch of blood.

You wait a little bit, then you grab another one.

Stupid... Stupid... Stupid... :wallbash:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    "No choice but to stay locked down for 12-18 months...until there's a vaccine..."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._for_12-18_months_until_theres_a_vaccine.html

This has been the end game, all along. People are assuming we will all be back to normal in 30 days or so. The "experts" are finally starting to reveal their actual plans.

Currently, people are sitting in their houses, seeing news stories of people dying, people hooked to ventilators "fighting for their life," etc. These are the images we see. It happens in ERs and ICUs ever, single day, it's just that most people aren't used to seeing it. And they believe the only reason they themselves aren't hooked up to ventilators, is because of social distancing.

People cannot regain their heads again, until they see different images. They need to see images of people surviving this virus. The shutdown is preventing that from happening. Once people see that, there is a chance opinion can begin to turn.

We need to start seeing SURVIVORS. Not victims.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Redheads....

It's like eating Hot & Spicy Chips.
    They burn your tongue, you get a runny nose, you start crying, etc... You wait a little bit, then you grab another one.

Redheads are like that.
    But add a black eye, fat lip, broken nose, empty bank account, dent in the car, hole in your chest and a bunch of blood...
    a whole bunch of blood.

You wait a little bit, then you grab another one.

Stupid... Stupid... Stupid... :wallbash:

And don't forget lack of sleep and dehydration!!!!! :):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "No choice but to stay locked down for 12-18 months...until there's a vaccine..."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._for_12-18_months_until_theres_a_vaccine.html

This has been the end game, all along. People are assuming we will all be back to normal in 30 days or so. The "experts" are finally starting to reveal their actual plans.

Currently, people are sitting in their houses, seeing news stories of people dying, people hooked to ventilators "fighting for their life," etc. These are the images we see. It happens in ERs and ICUs ever, single day, it's just that most people aren't used to seeing it. And they believe the only reason they themselves aren't hooked up to ventilators, is because of social distancing.

People cannot regain their heads again, until they see different images. They need to see images of people surviving this virus. The shutdown is preventing that from happening. Once people see that, there is a chance opinion can begin to turn.

We need to start seeing SURVIVORS. Not victims.

Well, say these things and people talk about you. There will be a new normal and I think some level of social distancing will be part of it, but claiming that we will be on lock down like this for a year or more? That is unrealistic.

It's like no one has ever lost a grandparent (or parent) before. It will not happen to even close to most because of this, but it does happen, we grieve AND WE MOVE ON. We have to move to a strategy where the most vulnerable lock themselves down and most of the rest practice a more mild version of social distancing, but life returns to a MORE normal state.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    It all started rather innocently. I was walking home from somewhere. Her and her friend picked me up in front of the Burger Queen. They kept figiting so we went behind the high school by the basketball courts. This long distance relationship went on about two years. And both her parents were teachers.
    :pimp:

Top Bottom