• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pistol boy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Griffith
    I didn’t think at first this was the start of the end. But then one week turned into 2weeks then 1 month now almost 2 months. Idk only time will tell. Less small business and more homeless looks to be the goal.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "No choice but to stay locked down for 12-18 months...until there's a vaccine..."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._for_12-18_months_until_theres_a_vaccine.html

This has been the end game, all along. People are assuming we will all be back to normal in 30 days or so. The "experts" are finally starting to reveal their actual plans.

Currently, people are sitting in their houses, seeing news stories of people dying, people hooked to ventilators "fighting for their life," etc. These are the images we see. It happens in ERs and ICUs ever, single day, it's just that most people aren't used to seeing it. And they believe the only reason they themselves aren't hooked up to ventilators, is because of social distancing.

People cannot regain their heads again, until they see different images. They need to see images of people surviving this virus. The shutdown is preventing that from happening. Once people see that, there is a chance opinion can begin to turn.

We need to start seeing SURVIVORS. Not victims.

Ezekiel Emanuel is a senior fellow of the Center for American progress, rated Left Biased by media bias-fact check

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Didn't read all the posts but isn't part of the problem the fact that we've raised a couple of generations now that are afraid of their own shadows? I was verbally assaulted in TSC the other day when the customer in front of me tried to hand me a bottle of disinfectant and wipes so I could wipe down the card swipe before I used it.

I politely turned him down on his offer and he started in about it's people like me that will make this virus thing stretch out all summer. I responded that I didn't feel it was necessary to wipe it down due to the fact that disinfectant was still literally dripping off of it from his wipe down prior to use. He again blamed "people like me" to which I responded that if he wished to live his live in fear that I wouldn't judge him and my apparent laissez faire attitude was born of having survived dirt clod fights, drinking from the hose, sharing a coke with a friend or an ice cream with my dog. I told him about wading through water puddles after a storm and catching frogs in the pond. None of that killed me and besides, working in a hospital I believed I had more chance of contracting it there than at TSC where disinfectant dripped from all of the surfaces surrounding the cashier.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Didn't read all the posts but isn't part of the problem the fact that we've raised a couple of generations now that are afraid of their own shadows? I was verbally assaulted in TSC the other day when the customer in front of me tried to hand me a bottle of disinfectant and wipes so I could wipe down the card swipe before I used it.

I politely turned him down on his offer and he started in about it's people like me that will make this virus thing stretch out all summer. I responded that I didn't feel it was necessary to wipe it down due to the fact that disinfectant was still literally dripping off of it from his wipe down prior to use. He again blamed "people like me" to which I responded that if he wished to live his live in fear that I wouldn't judge him and my apparent laissez faire attitude was born of having survived dirt clod fights, drinking from the hose, sharing a coke with a friend or an ice cream with my dog. I told him about wading through water puddles after a storm and catching frogs in the pond. None of that killed me and besides, working in a hospital I believed I had more chance of contracting it there than at TSC where disinfectant dripped from all of the surfaces surrounding the cashier.

Seems about right.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Man I wish I could have seen that and you are right. We have raised an entire crop of snow flakes. Look who they vote for or want to. Just look around.

Talonap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Ill Annoys (IL) For now
    You guys still have your rights intact.

If you so choose to exercise your rights by traveling around town, have at it. With that you also have the right to get infected.
    But be warned.... it's not your right to then go around and infect the rest of us. That would be assault with a deadly weapon and would be met with the same force.

So take off, you're as free as a butterfly.
    pvHZcWZ.gif

Sounds to me like some are just not used to being cooped up for any period of time. Welcome to my world. :(

All sounds familiar.... Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Acceptance. I think that's the right order.

+100

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And just what were you going to wipe the bottle down with from his germs? LOL. The illogical things we all see folks doing is nuts.

This whole trying not to touch anything if taken to far can be like a dog trying to catch its tail...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And just what were you going to wipe the bottle down with from his germs? LOL. The illogical things we all see folks doing is nuts.

This whole trying not to touch anything if taken to far can be like a dog trying to catch its tail...

The "kids" at the drug house across have taken to wearing gloves - but they touch everything, including the food they put in their mouths and joints that pass back and forth. Their masks are covering their chins.

Last night when I left my office, there was a "block party" - maybe 40 people and a dozen cars there. :n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have been moving around doing a massive gathering of foods and materials in the last 2 weeks to get ready for what ever is next and we have a serious list of :poop: to get done around the compound so Lowes and Home D. it is.

Has anybody else noticed how hard it is not to touch your face. I have. I do not wear the gloves but will use the hand goo to disinfect. But as soon as I walk into a hardware my face starts to itch...…:dunno:
    Drives me nuts.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I haven't been anywhere since Friday. I tried to order curbside pickup at the store and the next available slot is next Tuesday.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have been moving around doing a massive gathering of foods and materials in the last 2 weeks to get ready for what ever is next and we have a serious list of :poop: to get done around the compound so Lowes and Home D. it is.

Has anybody else noticed how hard it is not to touch your face. I have. I do not wear the gloves but will use the hand goo to disinfect. But as soon as I walk into a hardware my face starts to itch...…:dunno:
    Drives me nuts.

Saw a cool video of a guy just on his computer sitting on a sofa by himself, he had sprayed a substance that glows under black light on his hands and was purposely not trying to touch his face. He believed he did pretty good not touching, but had illumination all on his face, he then reviewed the video and was shocked at how much he did touch his face.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Drives me nuts.

My hand was on my face as I read that.

When I have gone the the store, it has been an exercise in mindfulness to achieve the near impossible.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Get yourself 10 french ticklers and put them on your fingers....

It will definitely help and you may get lucky tonight!

Exactly. It seems to be a mentally induced thing. Or I just never noticed until all of this insanity.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Drives me nuts.

Trigger discipline, it's all you need to remember.

Top Bottom