Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Huh?

now even i'm cornfused
    If someone asked, "Do you really have a gun on you?"

I would say, "No." :cool:

Of course, they'd probably come back with, "...but, but I can see it." :n00b:

Then I'd say, "Yes." :cool:

They'd wonder if I was changing my original answer or if this "yes" was merely in reference to their last statement of fact. :dunno:

Then I'd say "No" again and remove all doubt. :cool:

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    Just to good friends and some family members, but not before the clip is out and the pipe is cleared. Im not one for handing someone a loaded firearm to possibly have it turned on me. ( not saying i have crazy friends or family, just being safe)

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If someone asked, "Do you really have a gun on you?"

I would say, "No." :cool:

Of course, they'd probably come back with, "...but, but I can see it." :n00b:

Then I'd say, "Yes." :cool:

They'd wonder if I was changing my original answer or if this "yes" was merely in reference to their last statement of fact. :dunno:

Then I'd say "No" again and remove all doubt. :cool:

:yesway:

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    Myself, If I'm carrying in a public location, its not show and tell time. If I'm at a friends house or my house, or another trusted location it can be show and tell time.

Just the way it works with me

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    As stated before close friend or person you knew well yes I was shooting archery with my buddy and we were talking, got on the subject of his brother carrying and asked me if I did. Answer: yes, next question are you now: yes, can I see it? then said only if he would let me show it to his sister. :D

I unholstered and dropped the mag, cleared the chamber and said there ya go.

When I OC (occasionally) then theres really no reason to. If they can't see it good enough in the holster on my hip then they don't need to see it.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    snip

In Sum:
    Don't show your carry piece off to anyone in public.
    Don't show anyone your carry piece in private if you have reason to believe someone will make a big fuss over it and call the police.
    Don't make a habit of handling loaded firearms in public for any reason other than self-defense.

I went to my buddy Jake's house to have a "guy's night," and showed up early. I had my G36 on and when I got there, a few people had already shown up. Buddy Vinny walked in and asked to look at it (first time he had seen it), and I trusted the guy, so said sure. First thing I did was take out the magazine and clear the barrel, and handed it to him, while I kept both magazines and the extra bullet in my pockets. He took a look, locked the slide back a few times, and our friend Ryan walked into the room where we and 3 other people already were, and Vinny points it at him. Ryan freaks and takes off the other way, the only female there ran in the room screaming about "get that d**n thing out of my house!!" (not her house), and go figure, a ruckus broke out... I took the gun back, loaded it and went outside to smoke. The girl left, Vinny apologized after he found out it was a Class A Misdemeanor, D felony if I had left it loaded (not stupid enough), and I went back inside to enjoy the night.

I have to put the blame for the girl freaking out on Jake, who lives there, and forgot to inform me that she had been robbed at shotgun-point while at work, and was now scared to death of guns. He was standing there asking to see it after Vinny did.

I've shown it to several other friends, but I always watch like a hawk no matter who it is, and only two other people besides me have gotten a close look at it. I'm a trusting guy, but needless to say, Vinny hasn't been able to get close enough to my guns since.

I probably get a little annoying when I hand it to someone else, first thing I say is "check the barrel yourself, when I stop touching it, it's considered loaded again," and "keep that thing pointed away from everyone" (probably said two or three times every time someone else handles it).

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I'm not shy about showing people my gun in more private settings.

If they ask to see it, that's interest, and I indulge at the price of a short lesson on weapon safety.
    Done in a friendly manner, it can be a start down a safer path for them. Its like....firearms evangelism. :)

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Yeah sure they can see it.. In the holster. The only time I show anyone my gun is when my finace wants to see it. i think thats hot. hahahaha

1LuvGuns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Anderson, IN
    I always CC, so if someone asks I've screwed up and they've spotted it. But to answer the question I always answer "No". The only people I would show my carry gun to are close friends or family and not while I'm carrying it - which would be when I'm at home.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    If someone asks what I carry I found if you say this to someone they wont ask again

"I don't know what is, all I know is the sound it makes when it takes a mans life."

But ya gotta say it in a deep voice... Can anyone guess the movie?

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    Generally, the people that I would be comfortable showing my gun to, are close friends and people who've already seen it, so they wouldn't ask. Even then, it's not something that I consider acceptable in a group enviorment anyway. One on one away from the group, possibly but only a very select group of individuals. Like most have said, no real reason to bring it out around a bonfire anyway. If others are more interested in it, they are welcome to come shooting with me someday.

Top Bottom