Willy Graham. The other side of the coin.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Itchy we have a couple of religion threads where debate among the merits of various Faiths including Atheism are discussed...Perhaps that is where you should go to debate the merits of Atheism???

I cared not for David Bowie's lifestyle....When he passed and we had a thread to offer our condolences I did not come on there and say, "What a creepy, two different colored eyes, cross dressing freak he was..."

I said, "RIP Mr. Bowie...Your musical contributions in my lifetime were legion..Godspeed Ziggy Stardust..."

We have the threads where Faith can be discussed openly..I hope to see you in one...

I appreciate the invite but I'm going to have to politely decline. I have zero doubt in my mind that you're a good guy and I don't begrudge you for one second about your beliefs. But you can't want people to honor your beliefs without honoring theirs.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I don't want to bash religion. I just want people to think about the probability that maybe, there isn't a God.

I've given that a great deal of consideration. It isn't that I've blindly stumbled about. I have examined and questioned and searched. And I have doubted. But He won't let go of me that easily. And every time I doubt, I am met with greater assurance.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't want to bash religion.

I'd be surprised to find out there has ever been a person who hasn't doubted. When you make statements like "praying to an imaginary figure" you are bashing religion and it is extremely insulting to those who believe. All I'm saying is that it isn't necessary. You're free to believe or not believe whatever you'd like, if you try to belittle people based on their beliefs you can expect to some aggravation.

I've got no problem fervently disagreeing with people about a wide variety of topics, when it comes to religion I choose to show respect.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just want people to think about the probability that maybe, there isn't a God.

The first thirty years of my life..

I promise you Itchy...That moment you realize the Creator of the Universe not only knows you, but loves you as well, is going to be the most beautiful thing you have ever felt in your life...Please share when it happens....I can recommend some scientists, physicists and mathematicians, Oxford/Ivy League, smart men, that can help you on your journey..PM me any time...

Here is the number at my shop, Falls City Firearms, 812-725-1911....Call me any time and I'll talk to you about anything....

I know what you're going through and I promise the doubt is nearly over.....Looking forward it.....

Read the first post of this thread Itchy....Please...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-love-love-community.html?449382=#post7412151

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't want to bash religion. I just want people to think about the probability that maybe, there isn't a God.

Jeffrey Dahmer thought about it. Here's what he had to say... "if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We all see this from our own perspective. Some loved the man (many) and some not so much. Some could have cared less. I am in the last group.
    In this we will be anxious to share our opinions and views on the man. Like so many big time TV based evangelists seeing the amass huge personal fortunes is not what many of us (myself included) see as a true calling.

That said I will neither bash or support them in this. If you want to get involved and support then good on you. I truly hope your time and money are well spent.

Again.....Civility is the key here.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I'd be surprised to find out there has ever been a person who hasn't. When you make statements like "praying to an imaginary figure" you are bashing religion and it is extremely insulting to those who believe. All I'm saying is that it isn't necessary. You're free to believe or not believe whatever you'd like, if you try to belittle people based on their beliefs you can expect to some aggravation.

I've got no problem fervently disagreeing with people about a wide variety of topics, when it comes to religion I choose to show respect.

I always read everything you contribute twice. Not because I didn't comprehend it, but because I always seem to respect it. That doesn't happen often with people I interact with on a daily basis or stumble upon on a website. I think this time though you're confusing my opinion with bashing someome else's. I want you to know however that I read this multiple times trying to doubt myself because I couldn't imagine a situation where your opinion was misguided.

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    You are not a Bible scholar. There is a point we agree on. Context is everything. If I were to pull a biblical quote to counter your interpretation it would be "The Lord delights in the prosperity of His servants."

Did you leave out a part where the Lord says prosper FROM OTHERS USING MY NAME? I don't remember that part either.

Hey! Don't worry. Doesn't Americans biggest hypocrite/con man has a son who is also into the 'family Jesus business' so you can still send your money away.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Jeffrey Dahmer thought about it. Here's what he had to say... "if a person doesn’t think that there is a God to be accountable to, then what’s the point of trying to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges?"

So now atheist gun owners are lumped in with school shooters and serial killers. How broad does that brush actually stroke?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There's another stellar assumption.

For the record, I own guns that would be banned and I've taught my children to shoot them. Does that sound like something I would say now? I was referring to the Christians who hope to convert non Christians. Thanks though.

You said it would sound familiar. I'm agreeing with you

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I'm generally not into Shooting Sports, and I don't really have much to say about Tactics and Training, either.

That's why I don't go into those discussion threads.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So now atheist gun owners are lumped in with school shooters and serial killers. How broad does that brush actually stroke?

No sir....Not his intent...It's a debate that is common among believers and non believers...I.E. There is nothing in Darwinism that accounts for our morality...So the debate is where does this "morality" come from???? Dawkin's an Agnostic, not an Atheist tries but fails....It's one of the reasons he will not debate William Lane Craig....

Top Bottom