• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I am not sure I understand all this banter about stats and such.

Who cares?

If you are going to CC, CC. If you are going to OC, OC. On a given day, you may do either, or both.

I am not sure I get the issue here. Cant we all just get along?

I would also suggest, a draw from concealment can be, pretty darned fast.

YouTube - Jim Zubiena in SLOW MOTION

One of the early USPSA greats. Lightning Jim. The producers thought they would have to speed up the film to get a good draw.. but he was fast enough they didnt have to :)

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I am not sure I understand all this banter about stats and such.

Who cares?

If you are going to CC, CC. If you are going to OC, OC. On a given day, you may do either, or both.

I am not sure I get the issue here. Cant we all just get along?

I would also suggest, a draw from concealment can be, pretty darned fast.

YouTube - Jim Zubiena in SLOW MOTION

One of the early USPSA greats. Lightning Jim. The producers thought they would have to speed up the film to get a good draw.. but he was fast enough they didnt have to :)

I agree! 100% but I feel the argument being made is a political nightmare. When an action is thought to risk the lives of others, its a big deal...

PLUS I HATE when people on the internet are wrong... :rolleyes:

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Cops wrestle with bad guys all the time, they chase them, tackle them, handcuff them, etc...so this doesn't surprise me that they lose their guns and get shot with them in these altercations.

The issue is for civilians OC-ing. I want to see 5 instances of it happening to civilians. I haven't heard about that in the news, not at all.

Businessman killed with own gun by intruder - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos

Watauga homeowner stabbed, shot with own gun during robbery
    Home Invasion Suspect Shot, Killed by His Own Gun - WJW
    Teen in Bloody Home Invasion Killed with His Own Gun - Pulse of the Bay - The Bay Citizen
    Man breaking into home on Flint's north side shot and killed by homeowner | MLive.com
    GUN WATCH

Those are all civilians and yes some were criminals breaking into houses shot by their own guns.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Wait! Hold on... Were any of this people actually open carrying? Haha please tell me you realize that was the point!

You need to show a situation where someone was shot and killed by their own gun while open carrying.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Did you read the articles you just cited...I don't see one that has anything to do with OC. Most are intruders getting their guns taken away from them and shot. One is a guy with a shotgun getting it taken away as he confronts a criminal in his house.

Which one has something to do with a good guy OC-ing and it getting used against him?

They are all instances of invasions where people had to go find their gun or fight a criminal...

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Wait! Hold on... Were any of this people actually open carrying? Haha please tell me you realize that was the point!

You need to show a situation where someone was shot and killed by their own gun while open carrying.

Well yeah they were not only open carrying they were drawn and ready to use.:D

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-35197.htmlhttp://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95999354.html

I feel like I've accomplished 20% of your request. Open carry is pretty rare so it's hard to find a lot of stories on it. But I did find one, there was another mention of one but I couldn't find a good source for the story.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    OC deterred criminals? :eek: I don't believe it!

They should clearly have been targeted first. :dunno:

Deluded, I tell ya...

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I think its important to point out, that we are not trying to convert people to OC... just trying to show that it is not dangerous to those involved in the situation.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think its important to point out, that we are not trying to convert people to OC... just trying to show that it is not dangerous to those involved in the situation.

There is no changing some minds...no matter how factual of information you provide. We have a similar situation with having open carry walks...many, many people on here will tell you every reason why you shouldn't do it and what bad evil things that can happen, but everything they spew is hypothetical and speculative...no real hard cold facts worth anything. Oh, and they have been wrong in every instance so far.

Top Bottom