• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    To each his own, but when eating high I prefer really good beef. I've been told that it's bad for just about everything, my heart, the environment, etc., but that and a good glass of whiskey is where I'll spend my money. I've had crab and lobster a few times and it's good. Ate most of it at the above mentioned New Orleans House.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To each his own, but when eating high I prefer really good beef. I've been told that it's bad for just about everything, my heart, the environment, etc., but that and a good glass of whiskey is where I'll spend my money. I've had crab and lobster a few times and it's good. Ate most of it at the above mentioned New Orleans House.
    I think you could order a steak (probably a filet) to go with your buffet at an additional charge. But I didn't want to pay more, and the steak would've just taken up room best reserved for the other stuff they had there.

I liked the appetizers they would bring around to your table. Escargot, Oysters Rockefeller, frog legs... :drool:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    My wife does not like crab, but she LOVES imitation crab - I think it tastes like rubber with a strange aftertaste. Anyway, when I feel like having crab for dinner, I will buy myself one or two pounds of snow or king crab, and I will get her $4 worth of the fake stuff. It is also a good that I stocked up on ten pounds of crab legs last week before the moratorium on harvesting announcement.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Man, I miss pulling off the road when we lived in MD years ago and picking up a bushel of live crabs for $10. Steam them with old bay & spend a few hours enjoying with friends. That or even pick up a bushel ready to eat for $20 (mediums) to go at Fin & Claw. Agree IMO, Maryland Blue Crabs seem better than others I have had. (To be clear, not comparing them to snow or king crab which is great). Some of the best channel cats I have had were caught from the brackish water in Maryland. I think brackish water does make a difference. Dang, now I am hungry too... :)
    St Michael's, ate there as a younger man while taking a few wood steam bending classes at the marine museum.
    $10.00 when were you there? 1965?

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    St Michael's, ate there as a younger man while taking a few wood steam bending classes at the marine museum.
    $10.00 when were you there? 1965?
    Thanks for the laugh, not quite that old. Was late 80's. Trucks would be on the side of 210 headed south toward Waldorf. If you timed it right, could get smalls cheaper.

Heck, would even take a Chesapeake Bay Seafood House around here today. haha.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Thanks for the laugh, not quite that old. Was late 80's. Trucks would be on the side of 210 headed south toward Waldorf. If you timed it right, could get smalls cheaper.

Heck, would even take a Chesapeake Bay Seafood House around here today. haha.
    Indianhead Highway off the beltway is a hard neighborhood the last 20 years.
    Turn on Berry rd and its Mc'Manisons all the way to Waldorf.

My familys farm is in St Marys co, rt 6 out of Charlotte Hall goes by it in Trent Hall.
    80's was when Rebs in Waldorf was still open.
    So Md was wild and wooly back then.
    Fun times.

Last edited:

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN

My familys farm is in St Marys co, rt 6 out of Charlotte Hall goes by it in Trent Hall.
    Fun times.

Fun times.
    Wow, i mean not too surprised but still. Lived in Fort Washington for several years. Had forgotten about Berry rd. Used to enjoy fishing the Patuxent River. IIRC, down 5 to 231, in that area anyway. Also liked driving down to Point Lookout. So sounds like I have been "around" your family's farm area some.

Yeah, So Md & Rebs was definitely a little wild. Remember when it burned down. Was kind of funny since it was Rebs Fireplace Lounge...

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Wow, i mean not too surprised but still. Lived in Fort Washington for several years. Had forgotten about Berry rd. Used to enjoy fishing the Patuxent River. IIRC, down 5 to 231, in that area anyway. Also liked driving down to Point Lookout. So sounds like I have been "around" your family's farm area some.

Yeah, So Md & Rebs was definitely a little wild. Remember when it burned down. Was kind of funny since it was Rebs Fireplace Lounge...
    Im 64, since I was a kid.
    Point Lookout and St Georges Island really hasn't changed much except for a few small neighborhoods. The seafarers/ engineers school is still there in Piney Point.
    St Marys down 235 from Mechanicsville down to California has grown leaps and bounds.
    Love the State, hate the liberal mecca its turned into..

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    To each his own, but when eating high I prefer really good beef....
    It's been a long time for me, but when eating high I usually preferred Cheetos or cookies.

When I was in college I cooked at a country club that had a seafood buffet on Friday nights. I got really good at cracking snow crab legs after we closed down. For a product that has to be cooked, then frozen and shipped it does hold up remarkably well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Geesh. Its from Clean Coal Technology...
    Actually, its from NOT clean coal. You know, China, India, et al burning the nastiest :poop: available. The stuff we cant burn here that gets shipped over there to be burned, *WITHOUT* Scrubbers, all the while ignoring the might of the UN's environmental policies, while everyone blames the west for their pollution.

China:

iu

Delhi, India

iu

Katmandu...

iu

Meanwhile in the rest of the world...
    iu

And yet WE are the problem. Its impossible to clean up your environment when *YOU* are doing everything possible to be clean, yet your neighbor is throwing crap out his car window.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Actually, its from NOT clean coal. You know, China, India, et al burning the nastiest :poop: available. The stuff we cant burn here that gets shipped over there to be burned, *WITHOUT* Scrubbers, all the while ignoring the might of the UN's environmental policies, while everyone blames the west for their pollution.

China:

iu

Delhi, India

iu

Katmandu...

iu

Meanwhile in the rest of the world...
    iu

And yet WE are the problem. Its impossible to clean up your environment when *YOU* are doing everything possible to be clean, yet your neighbor is throwing crap out his car window.
    Negative Ghost Rider, another joke flew over your head at Mach 2.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom