• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    Have you tried this? It's from a local Indiana company in Lafayette. I like this blend and occasionally pick up a 2 pound bag at their stand alone coffee shop up there.

https://www.coppermooncoffee.com/collections/bags/products/ethiopian

I haven't, but now I will. I have a pretty good stock from the last time Costco brought in their random coffee on a pallet and found the one I'm presently in love with (Jimma region around 2k elevation). I'll order one of those as soon as I get anywhere close to low or have a good excuse to try a new coffee. Screw it, I'm just gonna buy one now. Always good to support the local boys.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I drink a 12 cup pot a day. My really good coffee addiction is substantial. I go through +/- a pound of beans a week.

I'm afraid to try BRC for fear I might like it more than mine. :):

Yeah, dude, dont buy it. You'll go broke. LOL

I only drink 16oz or so a day. 20 if its a bad day.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    BBRC is $74.99 for 5 lbs. Copper moon is $25.00 for 2 lbs so $62.50 for 5 lbs. I've had the Copper moon before and it is good stuff. What I'm trying to say is the price difference isn't huge between the two.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So how long does it take you to grind 10 - 12 cups worth of beans?

Depends on your stamina and how strong you like your coffee. 3-4 minutes-ish.

I moved to an electric burr grinder after a few years of hand cranking, but I can't recommend mine. I have to coax it along for the beans to drop. The electric only takes a minute or so.

I'm sure if you spend a hundred plus you can get a decent electric burr grinder, but my last research pointed towards more money for the better grind?

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Grinding whole bean is the only way to go. I can pick out ground and bagged coffee blindfolded now. It all has a weak and slightly sour taste. I suppose that officially makes me a coffee snob too.

As to the grinder itself: I used a Mr. Coffee electric blade grinder for over 5 years. I thought it was doing a good job, but like a lot of things you're happy with what you have until you experience better.

I was limping along with a totally worn out Mr. Coffee grinder and then for Christmas my fiance gets me one of these:
    https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/products/bodum-grinder

I'm never going back to a blade grinder again. Once you get the settings adjusted on this it's fire and forget. I absolutely love it.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Grinding whole bean is the only way to go. I can pick out ground and bagged coffee blindfolded now. It all has a weak and slightly sour taste. I suppose that officially makes me a coffee snob too.

As to the grinder itself: I used a Mr. Coffee electric blade grinder for over 5 years. I thought it was doing a good job, but like a lot of things you're happy with what you have until you experience better.

I was limping along with a totally worn out Mr. Coffee grinder and then for Christmas my fiance gets me one of these:
    https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/products/bodum-grinder

I'm never going back to a blade grinder again. Once you get the settings adjusted on this it's fire and forget. I absolutely love it.

Oh boy has she got you pegged. You know it's a trap, right? :hooked:

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    And Trader Joe’s is a communist SJW ****hole? Why is it every INGO thread about a product has a Cheap Charlie drop in and tell us what for about price? Walmart and Folgers is that way>>>>>>>>>>

I'm sorry for enjoying living in America and enjoying the competitive market place? Jeez... it is just a thread about coffee.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Silencer Smooth this morning. Tasty stuff.
    Freedom Roast for me this morning, a little lighter than I prefer, but it was a gift. CAF And JB are my go to blends, and the wife loves CAF because it still resembles coffee after she loads it with milk and cookies.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I picked up an old-school percolator, and then a hand-crank grinder (Hario). Fill the pot and start it heating. Grind enough for 6-8 cups. Add to the perc.. A few minutes to boil, then 8 to percolate.

Need to finally try some BRC. Still working on some Bulletproof.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Just finished my first cup of CAF .....I'm almost awake
    back for the second.
    The copper moon stuff is pretty good. The coffee shop at work has it and I usually opt for it when I go there.
    I didnt realize they were based in lafayette

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've heard great things about Black Riffle Coffee. It had been on my radar for a few years. One of the gun ranges I go to in KY had some on sale so I bought some. I dunno. Maybe it was how or where they stored it. Or maybe it just didn't sell well and it's been sitting around for a long time. It tasted like ****. It was undrinkable. I don't mean undrinkable like I'm a coffee snob and it's just not good enough for me. I do like good coffee, but there was something really off about it. I'm gonna give it another try but I'm not going to buy it from a gun range. Probably best to order it directly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've heard great things about Black Riffle Coffee. It had been on my radar for a few years. One of the gun ranges I go to in KY had some on sale so I bought some. I dunno. Maybe it was how or where they stored it. Or maybe it just didn't sell well and it's been sitting around for a long time. It tasted like ****. It was undrinkable. I don't mean undrinkable like I'm a coffee snob and it's just not good enough for me. I do like good coffee, but there was something really off about it. I'm gonna give it another try but I'm not going to buy it from a gun range. Probably best to order it directly.

I got my 1st batch for Christmas. Almost gone.
    I ordered on line and like a total dweeb I ordered beans. Duh, Now I am picking up a grinder. Just so I do not waste the beans. Sure did not want to make a science project out of my morning :coffee: but here we are.

Top Bottom