• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
    Everyone has their opinion.

That is not a disparaging, nor an endorsing remark. Simply a statement of fact.
    This discussion is an exercise in futility.
    Good/better/best is subjective.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.
    since youve had no opinions and nothing to add regarding ANY type of gun then why are you even posting? **** or get off the pot

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just find it comical how some guys get so involved and opinionated with what others shoot and what they think of their equipment. Like I said 95% of all AR owners will never need the difference.
    I started this thread for people who always start posts asking things like "what AR should I buy". I didn't start the thread for people who already have AR's or aren't looking for another AR, and especially not for the people who feel insecure about the rollmark on their AR and feel the need to spread untrue information on how their PSA, Anderson, a freedom group selection, ruger <one of the ****tiest AR's I've ever seen or worked on, or (insert low end AR maker name here) are the same quality as a BCM. Because they aren't period. Maybe those AR's run for you at the range or in a class or afew, and I truly think that's fantastic. But they are not the same quality. Not all AR's are just marked up because of the name on the side alone. They earned their value.
    And let's state the obvious, that the majority of people buying AR's and especially the lower end AR, aren't gonna be defending their life with it or taking a class or using it for their job. And that's fine. If you are just a range Plinker then this thread wasn't intended for you. It was meant to be helpful and set people on a good path. You might be on the low budget path, but this isn't that thread so move on.
    I won't make fun of the guy who can only afford a lowend AR. Although really I think anyone can afford a BCM upper at least, its just a matter of having the self restraint to save your money a little longer. Or if a PSA or Anderson AR will do what you need then go for it. If it breaks and you come and ask about it I'll probably state the obvious (cheap parts or poor buildmanship) but it is what it is.

if someone thinks that a guy is being an elitist or a braggart because they are recommending a BCM rifle then that's just ****ing hilariously wrong because we could start talking about knights, LWRC, larue, Barrett, and on and on. A $800 to $1500 AR is NOT even close to the top end. That's where the serious AR market starts.

for those guys who are truly *****ing and not adding anything, I dare you to do something. Go tell your wife that the dollar store brand tampons are the same as the name brand ones and that you think she needs to buy those from now on. Have a great night .... on the couch

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Those men fall into the third category: Wearing a pro mask is part of the job description for them.

They didn't have one when they got home, either.
    You might say, being a man, you have a beard or not, cause you don't define your manliness by others opinions.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I started this thread for people who always start posts asking things like "what AR should I buy". I didn't start the thread for people who already have AR's or aren't looking for another AR, and especially not for the people who feel insecure about the rollmark on their AR and feel the need to spread untrue information on how their PSA, Anderson, a freedom group selection, ruger <one of the ****tiest AR's I've ever seen or worked on, or (insert low end AR maker name here) are the same quality as a BCM. Because they aren't period. Maybe those AR's run for you at the range or in a class or afew, and I truly think that's fantastic. But they are not the same quality. Not all AR's are just marked up because of the name on the side alone. They earned their value.
    And let's state the obvious, that the majority of people buying AR's and especially the lower end AR, aren't gonna be defending their life with it or taking a class or using it for their job. And that's fine. If you are just a range Plinker then this thread wasn't intended for you. It was meant to be helpful and set people on a good path. You might be on the low budget path, but this isn't that thread so move on.
    I won't make fun of the guy who can only afford a lowend AR. Although really I think anyone can afford a BCM upper at least, its just a matter of having the self restraint to save your money a little longer. Or if a PSA or Anderson AR will do what you need then go for it. If it breaks and you come and ask about it I'll probably state the obvious (cheap parts or poor buildmanship) but it is what it is.

if someone thinks that a guy is being an elitist or a braggart because they are recommending a BCM rifle then that's just ****ing hilariously wrong because we could start talking about knights, LWRC, larue, Barrett, and on and on. A $800 to $1500 AR is NOT even close to the top end. That's where the serious AR market starts.

for those guys who are truly *****ing and not adding anything, I dare you to do something. Go tell your wife that the dollar store brand tampons are the same as the name brand ones and that you think she needs to buy those from now on. Have a great night .... on the couch

Just like everyone else, I was just stating my worthless opinion as well. Actually I agree with most everything you said, I was merely stating the obvious as how I seen it. A guy that only takes his AR out a few times a year puts 2 mags through it and then sticks it back in the safe really has no need for a BCM or any other higher quality brand, so why spend the money. I think it really boils down to intended use of the shooter. As for a blanket recommendation yes a BCM is a perfect fit because I have no doubt it will do any and everything that shooter will ever do, with that said so will a $550 DelTon for the shooter that only goes out a couple times a month or year..

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    since youve had no opinions and nothing to add regarding ANY type of gun then why are you even posting? **** or get off the pot

Because I'm getting a kick out of yanking your chain.
    It's become something of a hobby...

BTW- I have plenty of opinions.
    Most I just choose to keep to myself.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    They didn't have one when they got home, either.
    You might say, being a man, you have a beard or not, cause you don't define your manliness by others opinions.

Now how was Audie gonna play Audie with a beard? And with one of the finest mustaches in history, it would have been a crime for York to hide that with a beard. Everyone has their burden.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Lol, I'll concede the point.My thinking is that if you can afford a DD or BCM, you're much better off doing so. I would put FN in that territory as well. If you can not afford one of those, but will be able to in a few months, then wait. If you can not afford it in the foreseeable future, then you should get what you can afford. If you have a friend who is a good builder, maybe sourcing quality parts is the way to go. If not, get an inexpensive rifle with a decent reputation. If you do manage to break something, replace it with a good part. You'll eventually spend more this way, potentially, but your costs will be spread out. And you still have a receiver set to build on if you get the bug and the money later on. Or you can sell the rifle off later to get the one you wanted. FWIW, I think going cheap on an AK has a lot more potential to be a waste of money than going cheap on an AR. You really don't want to go less than $850ish on an AK.I wouldn't disagree with anyone who put their money on a BCM. Wouldn't mind doing it myself. For now I'll have to wait.
    False. Spending any amount on a trashcan gun IS a waste of money.;)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Because I'm getting a kick out of yanking your chain.
    It's become something of a hobby...

BTW- I have plenty of opinions.
    Most I just choose to keep to myself.

well thank you for letting me know so I can put you on my ignore list. I knew you were trolling the thread just didn't know until just now you had a personal obsession with me. Farewell

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    My advice to anyone wanting to buy their first AR?
    Do your research and buy what suits your needs.
    Most important of all, don't get your panties all bunched up over someone else telling you that you bought an inferior product because you didn't buy the brand THEY recommend.

Many people hold their own views too highly over the views of others.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My advice to anyone wanting to buy their first AR?
    Do your research and buy what suits your needs.
    Most important of all, don't get your panties all bunched up over someone else telling you that you bought an inferior product because you didn't buy the brand THEY recommend.

Many people hold their own views too highly over the views of others.

Or just buy a Larue and laugh at the rest...

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Moral of this story: People are cheap, very very very cheap and love to say "My $500 rifle shoots just as good as your $1500 rifle" well they say that until their PSA special bites the dust and my LWRC keeps on trucking. Also "good enough" might not be good enough to get you home one day, firearms are an area to never cheap out on.

Actually I have seen a lwrc repr go down in a training class and was unrecoverable and the user had to resort to a backup AR.

I like BCM. I actually am building another SBR AR with another one of there uppers.

Top Bottom