• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There is a nice semi auto savage on Armslist posted today for $200 or $225. crap scope but nice gun. fyi

Thanks for the thought, but I'll likely wait and pick up a Ruger Precision Rimfire at some point. Money just got used up for other, higher priority concerns, so it'll likely be closer to Spring before I'm able to pick something up.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    For me, I really like my ole Remington 511 Scoremaster. It was drilled and tapped for a scope when I got it and makes a nice squirrel gun. I had a nice Marlin 880SQ that I sold to a friend years ago. It was also a nice 22. Don't be tricked into thinking that some of the old 22 are not accurate, most of the problems with old 22 is that they are leaded up and need a good cleaning.

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield

How about a poor mans CZ452?

I have a couple NIB Zastava bolt action , removable mag fed 22lr rifles. These were sold / branded as "Remington Model 5, and Charles Daly 22 SUPERIOR II.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...92786400013.do

There are European made, have nice iron sights, walnut or laminate stock and the Charles Daly one with a walnut stock (as pictured above) comes with a new in package Simpson scope. $200.

PM me if interested.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    4 cz's here. 2 452 trainers one in 17hmr and the other in 22lr and two cz452 scouts. The little scouts are awesome and shoot just as good if not better than the longer rifles. I bought a thumbhole savage heavy barrel the same day i biught the 452 trainer. It shot well but was fat and heavy and the trainer shot better so its gone.. The 16" barrels are better for velocity too.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Might just save up and get a few. I still stop at the pawn shops the local stores for guns all the time. Go to gun shows ect.

Just today Day I was tempted by a few 22’s at Tipton. A 1954 L serial number 39a Mountie (first year for the 20 inch straight lever action ) or 39a full size marlins in great shape for age. 625 each table price. They are the caddy of 22 lever actions. The price was high but they were in great shape overall for guns some 63 years old. There was a ruger 22 mag 77/22 I think I saw 725 on the tag new in box. Once again the price was high but I don’t Remember seeing many around in 22 mag and I don’t think they make them any more. I also saw a near mint ruger target 22 Mark II for 400 (he seemed real interested in selling it) mid 1980’s with plastic box and manual and extra mag. I should have made him an offer as you could see it may have had a half box of 22 shot thru it. Now the 10-22 were 300 plus and none seemed to be worth 200. Do not be afraid to spend more to get more.

Needs to me in 22 are a semi auto, a lever action, a bolt action, a single shot target, a pump and a true beater that is very accurate.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a Savage-Anschutz .22 rifle and it is extremely accurate. I was lucky and got a good deal many years ago. I've owned Remington, Ruger and other brands, but this rifle is tops. I've never been a fan of the Ruger 10/22 and I owned one. Of the bolt actions on your list (unless you score that Anschutz) I go with the CZ 452 or 453 (with set trigger). Nothing wrong with the Savage .22's either.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a Savage-Anschutz .22 rifle and it is extremely accurate. I was lucky and got a good deal many years ago. I've owned Remington, Ruger and other brands, but this rifle is tops. I've never been a fan of the Ruger 10/22 and I owned one. Of the bolt actions on your list (unless you score that Anschutz) I go with the CZ 452 or 453 (with set trigger). Nothing wrong with the Savage .22's either.

Anschutz is locked in. Picking up when I get my rebate check :D

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Thanks for the additional info folks.

Yeah, Midway has some at $140 shipped to my door for 1500 rounds. Honestly one of the best things I like about rimfire and what forced me to pick up the 10/22 was the ability to plink for cheap. Another reason I'm leaning towards just hitting steel at certain distances instead of tight groupings. I like buying 5k rounds of cheap .22 for $.05 per round or less and shooting the heck out of it. I use this cheap stuff in my Victory handgun and it's wonderful and accurate as you need at 7 - 10 yards. The 10/22 likes it for just hitting a large target instead of worrying about groupings... :):

Sportsman's guide STILL has ultramatch 22 for $80/brick..

You're welcome.

Top Bottom