I'm new and your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I wouldn't. The only time I was "stood up" was by someone with 55 posts. I drove from my parents house in Elkhart to Bradis in Camby, and I called when I got to Kokomo, no answer. I knew something was wrong at that point, and sure enough no show. I won't deal with anyone with less than 150, unless they are drivingto me.

mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    i saw that rule when i joined over a year ago, and to be honest im still under the 50 count and it hasnt killed me. i do browse the classifieds on ce in a while but the real reason i like this place and keep coming back is because of the insane amount of expierience and knowledge here. its a great tooL !! between work and kids sports i dont get on here much but when i do get some time, or have a question i know i can come here and be treated well.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I took the gun off the market. I really didn't need to sell it and it was getting to be more of a hassle than it was worth.

I knew you had to have 50 to sell but I didn't notice they were under after I answered a pm. Then I started wondering if it was the same post count for buyers as it was for sellers. The rules didn't really make that part very clear, at least to me.

I know now.:rockwoot:

renegade464

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Cornfused

Ok, I have read the New users instructions and have browsed the forums.

I have to have 50 post before I can reply to some forums.....jees

I try to post and I get a message that says I am not allowed to :dunno: I am try to get FIFTY!!!! but run into roadblocks. I have seen a couple post of gun I wanted to buy and missed them because I couldn't get a post :n00b::n00b:

Not trying to be an @ss but I am getting frustrated.

ALSO I posted a few items but couldnt find them after I viewed some other threads....I know I didnt get the post topic.....

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    yup, have to have 50 quality posts to buy/sell in the classifieds. one lines dont count towards your 50 quality posts either :)

and :welcome: to :ingo:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Welcome to :ingo:!

Also read the INGO FAQ. Its linked below in my signature. It should answer your question more completely (and other questions you might have later).

I have to have 50 post before I can reply to some forums.....jees

Just the Classifieds. Everything else you can access.

If you want to bypass the 50-post rule, you can by becoming a Site Supporter.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ere_read_this_to_become_a_site_supporter.html

ALSO I posted a few items but couldnt find them after I viewed some other threads....I know I didnt get the post topic.....

You can always click on your username at the top of the screen, which will take you to your profile. You can then click the "Statistics" tab and then "Find all posts by user". That will show you where your posts are.

Or you can click "Search" at the top of the page, then "Advanced Search". You can then type in your username where it says "By Username". It will then show you all the threads where you have made a post.

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    This is a typical requirement on many a forums. I think it's necessary to weed out the people that want to scam or just be a pain in the arse....Just keep posting on stuff and bide your time!!

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    FWIW, it's really not that big of a speed bump to overcome before you can post in the classified. If you're here just to buy or sell guns, then you might be happier at sites that make it their primary purpose. While INGO does have classifieds, it's really so much more than that. Pull up a chair, have some coffee, fry some bacon! You'd be surprise how addicting it is (the bacon ...and INGO! :D).

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow, we've never had anyone complain about this before.. if only we had an FAQ..

(for the record, purple indicates sarcasm on this forum, please read my post with that in mind)

:D

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    FWIW, it's really not that big of a speed bump to overcome before you can post in the classified. If you're here just to buy or sell guns, then you might be happier at sites that make it their primary purpose. While INGO does have classifieds, it's really so much more than that. Pull up a chair, have some coffee, fry some bacon! You'd be surprise how addicting it is (the bacon ...and INGO! :D).

This is no crap, I can't get off this damn site. Only to sleep. My phones browser is on this at all times...Great way to get stuff done at work!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I have seen a couple post of gun I wanted to buy and missed them because I couldn't get a post :n00b::n00b:

You can also look at your settings, and automatically subscribe you to a thead that you post to. Then you find it in UserCP.

And those guns you missed. There are millions of guns out there. Chances are, you'll see more later. Life goes on.

TOMMY47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    puzzled

Joined recently and saw something I was interested in buying and this site won't let me email, PM or reply to seller. I'm confused--He wants to sell, I want to buy--Why isn't communication allowed unless one has lots of posts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom