• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Pro bono? Seriously? What makes you think an attorney would take this case on for free given that it will probably be time consuming and require a lot of attention? Go pay a retainer to an attorney and get the matter squared away.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    When I lose my machineguns, I always check first behind my shop ........

in the dark alley........

inside my unsecured trailer........

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Personally, I'd call them every single day until they returned my property.

I'd be nice and let them take it to eagle Creek while I was waiting. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WITH a lawyer it took Andrew, from ProFire arms, over ONE year to get his STOLEN weapons back. In the meantime a number of IPD would check HIS weapons out of the property room and shoot at Eagle Creek range, he was told this this by TWO employees there.

When he got them back they were TRASHED!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPD at its finest.

Where do you get this from.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I'd be nice and let them take it to eagle Creek while I was waiting. :):

I wouldn't let Frank take it to eagle Creek, I'm still mad about the titty twister he gave me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Them and my city council person, county commissioner. I would go to the monthly meetings and ask the question every month... someone would get tired of me.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember in the past MCSD would auction off guns and use the money for their training fund. Being in the business at the time I found it a place you could pick up some decent guns inexpensively. Today it's my understanding that the guns are destroyed so I don't see any monetary motivation to keep them if they can be returned, it's just paying for storage and scrapping.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The thing to see is the Marion county crime lab's "gun library". It would put most gun stores to shame. I am guessing that maybe some came from the property room.

That is all I am going to say about that :p

But the property room is not bad ether.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I picked up a nice Colt Cobra from one of those auctions back in the 70s for $150. As nice as any that had been tossed in the barrel they transported them in to the auction anyway. Still have it. The finish is worn off now from accompanying me thru the years.
    Ahh... the good old days.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You could make out all but one number in the serial number but the officer said it wasnt good enough...

You can't enter partials or variables into NCIC.

If it was an iPhone, then I could search for partials, approximates, and contains in the pawn system. Nothing similar exists for guns, so there's no transaction records to search like you can with (now electronic) pawn slips.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The firearm owner, Andrew, told me this FIRST HAND. I am sure others here who were employees can vouch for that. Sorry if the truth hurts.But opinions don't change that.

We all know Andrew. VUPD is LEO. I really think you are either mistaken or just wrong.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    He’s just wrong.

The guns were never in possession of IMPD, were never taken to ECPR, and were returned to Andrew in whatever condition they were recovered in.

If Andrew said that IMPD played with his guns then he was flat-out lying.

“The truth hurts” ... it certainly does, and it’s on IMPD’s side on this one. Anything you got from Andrew or any of his associates is second-hand to you and therefore nothing more than heresay. I can tell you with 100% certainty that no shenanigans occurred with his guns at the hand of IMPD, and that’s fact, not opinion.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Same type of occurance happened today me. I’ll spare you the long drawn out details and let you know this. You better be more persistent than they are. You you had better be committed to getting yourself ur property back. It took me 21 months, 14 visits to the CC building, 2 meetings with judges and their advice, 2 calls with attorneys. Finally 21 months later my firearm was returned, and for sure not in the condition they received it. Numerous scratches, gauges, and a massive wear spot on the slide from a large zip tie that they run through it.

Top Bottom