• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    In this order:

Don't get pregnant. Get a storage locker and fill it. Get the best attorney you can afford. Find counseling -- a female for her, a male for you; churches do it for free, but they do have a vested interest. Empty the bank-account. Get a "special female friend" -- best kind of loving there is !!

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    solution

sell all the guns to me for discount and its a win/win/win..... j/k good luck my wife wasn't so pro gun originally but after 10 years of working on educating her on shooting/hunting and self defense she came around.... take her shooting- it will sometimes get them into the sport because it is dang fun too...:ar15:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Who's going to provide better service to you? The business you signed a contract with that's difficult and extremely expensive to get out from under or the one you can fire at any time?

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I think she is terrified of losing you, as the objects of her ire seem to be things which are looked at as dangerous by a lot of people.....guns and motorcycles. She already lost her father to a gun (in her mind). I don't think it's so much about you spending $300 without asking her. You make over $100,000 a year combined, if one of you wanting to spend $300 on something for yourself without getting permission is a problem, you've got bigger issues coming up down the road than guns and motorcycles.

It doesn't bode well that you are being so flippant about this, asking everyone here if anyone has a .45 for sale. Is this the kind of respect you show to your wife? You need to sit down and have a serious talk with her, if you intend to stay together. Learning that a woman doesn't like guns and motorcycles usually happens on the 2nd date, not after you are married. What went wrong?

Maybe you should think long and hard about why you chose her for a wife in the first place. And she should think long and hard about why she chose you for a husband. Realize that neither one of you is going to change much. She gets annoyed when you rant about the Constitution? Yeah, if I had a wife that ranted about politics all the time, I'd get annoyed, too. That's another one of those things you should find out on the 2nd date. What are your mutual interests?

If you mutually decide to stick with it (this is YOUR choice together, not some overbearing family member's or preacher's choice), do yourselves a favor and hold out on having kids. Give it a year or so, and see how it goes. You do not want the hell of a divorce involving kids, especially since it doesn't look like you even know this woman very well. Imagine being tied to a woman that you dislike for the rest of your life, because you have a child with her.

Happiness is not guaranteed to any of us, but the pursuit of happiness is. Life is too short to be miserable on purpose.

Good luck. :)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Best marriage advice I ever got: Men get married so that nothing will change, women get married so things will.

My first marriage went just like that- I told her how to make me happy and she did. We got married and like a lightswitch things changed. Lasted less than 2 years.

My second (current) marriage worked out a hell of a lot better since I learned that lesson. Just celebrated 2 wonderful years on the 23rd. Couldn't be happier.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    "Remember that place the Doctor smacked ya? Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord cracked ya ! "

Last edited:

Eskion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Hammond
    If that was me I would tell my wife "want in one hand, **** in the other, and see which one fills first" No one will dictate my love for guns not even my wife, unless she plans to use one of them on me anyway :draw:

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I married a woman who knew my passion for guns but now she dosent want me to have any. WTFDIDO

9 weeks into the marriage. What is going on here is she is testing you to see who wears the pants in the relationship. Be a man. Be clear. Don't be an ass but be a man and be clear. She knew everything going in. This is how it's going to be.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Put your foot down now, or lose your balls forever... Seriously!! Women work like the government. If you give up a liberty, they will ask for another... and another... and another.

It would be different if you continued doing destructive behavior (ie... drinking and driving, gambling all of your money etc...)... but this is unreasonable.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I am amazed at how many people so flippantly tell someone else to get divorced.

I must say it does sound like there is not much maturity involved so far.

If you love someone enough to marry them, you should be willing to put some effort into the marriage. Give it a couple of days to let your heads clear and have a discussion about what is really going on. Then start the decision process for determining where your marriage is headed.

Top Bottom