• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Any Ruger that uses the rotary 10/22 mags can accept BX25 magazines. The Ruger American or Precision Rimfire can accept BX25 mags

That's honestly one of the other things that attracts me to the Ruger American Rimfire Target. The mags for my Anschutz are beyond ridiculous in price and I hear Tika mags are expensive as well. Since this will be a secondary gun, it behooves me to go with something with less expensive mags, especially since I already have a 10 round and 2 25 round mags for my 10/22 that I rarely shoot.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That's honestly one of the other things that attracts me to the Ruger American Rimfire Target. The mags for my Anschutz are beyond ridiculous in price and I hear Tika mags are expensive as well. Since this will be a secondary gun, it behooves me to go with something with less expensive mags, especially since I already have a 10 round and 2 25 round mags for my 10/22 that I rarely shoot.

Have you considered building the 10/22 instead of another bolt? Pick the right parts and it could outshoot a lot the bolt actions we’ve discussed so far.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Have you considered building the 10/22 instead of another bolt? Pick the right parts and it could outshoot a lot the bolt actions we’ve discussed so far.

Hes right. My Ruger precision rimfire is fun, and bolt because it’s quieter with suppressed subsonic. However, I’ve seen lots of built 10/22s that outshoot my precision rimfire all day.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Maybe one day I'll want to build off my 10/22, but right now I want another bolt gun. I'm not someone who enjoys working on guns, so building something isn't enjoyable for me. Plus I'm not really interested in semi-auto. I like working the bolt and forcing myself to slow down. I'm still relatively new to shooting rifle, so I may be happy to branch out later. Right now I'm stuck on bolt guns.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Maybe one day I'll want to build off my 10/22, but right now I want another bolt gun. I'm not someone who enjoys working on guns, so building something isn't enjoyable for me. Plus I'm not really interested in semi-auto. I like working the bolt and forcing myself to slow down. I'm still relatively new to shooting rifle, so I may be happy to branch out later. Right now I'm stuck on bolt guns.

:whistle:

https://volquartsen.com/inventory_configurations/1378

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I know how you feel, since I am the same at this point. Get the bolt. Just make sure it is threaded though.

I love taking my Savage FVSR out and shooting it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    the first time i shot my rprr with a suppressor on it, i giggled like i did the first time i saw boobies!

2 of my ruger 10/22's are threaded, and the bolt moving make more noise than the bullets do!

building a 10/22 is easy peasy, bill ruger must have thought to himself, "since the mark 1 is such a pain in the a$$, i'll make the 10/22 easy", and since the patent is expired, everybody and their brother is making receivers, I used a brownells (90.00 out the door) and off the shelf parts from tandemkross, tactical solutions, volquartsen and ive built a hell of a steel/pin shooter, and I bet if I pulled off the cmore and dropped on a scope, it'd make one hole groups at 50-70 yards! PLUS with the tac sol barrel the whole gun weighs less than the fluted .920 barrel on one of my 10/22's and if I weighed it, its probably lighter than my stock 10/22!

I put the tandemkross/brimstone kit in one of the 10/22's and im getting a 2# pull, that's lighter than the stock trigger in the rprr! it was 2.5#'s at its lowest adjustment!

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    the first time i shot my rprr with a suppressor on it, i giggled like i did the first time i saw boobies!

2 of my ruger 10/22's are threaded, and the bolt moving make more noise than the bullets do!

building a 10/22 is easy peasy, bill ruger must have thought to himself, "since the mark 1 is such a pain in the a$$, i'll make the 10/22 easy", and since the patent is expired, everybody and their brother is making receivers, I used a brownells (90.00 out the door) and off the shelf parts from tandemkross, tactical solutions, volquartsen and ive built a hell of a steel/pin shooter, and I bet if I pulled off the cmore and dropped on a scope, it'd make one hole groups at 50-70 yards! PLUS with the tac sol barrel the whole gun weighs less than the fluted .920 barrel on one of my 10/22's and if I weighed it, its probably lighter than my stock 10/22!

I put the tandemkross/brimstone kit in one of the 10/22's and im getting a 2# pull, that's lighter than the stock trigger in the rprr! it was 2.5#'s at its lowest adjustment!

Good to hear the TK trigger kit turns out well! I ended up going with a Kidd kit and the 1.75lb spring. I like Kidd kit more than I do the TacSol trigger pack that came with the X-ring.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    CZ 452, 455 or 457. They can be had in 22lr, 22Magnum and 17 HMR. There are plain Jane Trainers, 16” threaded carbines, HB Varmint and beautiful American model rifles. The 455 and 457 models have barrels that can be changed out as well. I have several 452s and 455s in various configurations and they are great rifles. No matter what model you choose though they can all shoot!

Top Bottom