That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Kut is right about we all write some crap and then look at it and say nope !

Some people just don’t have a filter we all think of some crazy stuff from time to time like wanting to be a clown serial killer.

Yet another reason never to use Twitter or book of faces!

You mean dress like a clown and be a serial killer or be a serial killer of clowns?

NOTE: If you do decide to be a serial killer of clowns just don't eat them afterwards, they taste funny.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Never said anything "racist". Xenophobic and insensitive, maybe. Her lineage leans communist, ideologically. She was born in Iran. She is short. Where did I bring up anything else?

Did not know who her parents were, genetically speaking, until this thread, honestly. Assumed she was full-on Persian, hence the reference to Zoroastrianism. That way, I wouldn't offend other People of the Book.

Happy to be ripped or labeled for what I am, but repeating "racist" over and over when I backed up what I said, which was not racially-oriented, is just plain silly.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Never said anything "racist". Xenophobic and insensitive, maybe. Her lineage leans communist, ideologically. She was born in Iran. She is short. Where did I bring up anything else?

Did not know who her parents were, genetically speaking, until this thread, honestly. Assumed she was full-on Persian, hence the reference to Zoroastrianism. That way, I wouldn't offend other People of the Book.

Happy to be ripped or labeled for what I am, but repeating "racist" over and over when I backed up what I said, which was not racially-oriented, is just plain silly.

Huh? I don't understand the references.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Are any of those projected, negatively, concerning her? Because I'd like to know, at what point in the past, is it acceptable to think ill of person (excluding their own personal actions which you did not present), based on lineage, where they were born, and how tall they are? Not that ANY of that justifies, what Roseanne said. However, vilifying the victim, is often used by people to justify their own bad actions... (see Kathy Griffin - Donald Trump)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have a reasonable curiosity why there are clowns. I never got the appeal....or fear.

I already hate myself a little bit for answering this, but I took a class from a psychology PhD and he was also a part-time rodeo clown. He briefly touched on why, and it was the makeup and silly getup makes the clown a character that can do things in public the person "inside" never could. He takes himself very seriously in his daily life and would never caper about and be goofy without the anonymity of the "disguise" of the clown. He said it lets you play the fool without feeling like a fool, and let's your character be more completely separated from your own personality than that of a stand up comic or someone who doesn't wear a disguise.

So, while I also don't really get the appeal of clowns I suppose that's at least one theory. They are less human to both the person "inside" and the onlooker. You don't feel bad for laughing at them vs laughing with them.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Short people...Randy Newman said it best.

We had a black president with an increase in highly visible black people in his administration. We now have Trump with a requisite number of morons.

RHIP

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Short people...Randy Newman said it best.

We had a black president with an increase in highly visible black people in his administration. We now have Trump with a requisite number of morons.

RHIP

Roseanne is in the Trump administration?

Is she Secretary of State? (*hopes there is an opening)

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There’s an actor on Sons of Anarchy I kept telling my wife looked just like a monkey. I wasn’t being mean, just observational. And certainly not racist.
    also, I honestly don’t know why it’a Considered racist to say that. Is this some holdover from 100 years ago again?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There’s an actor on Sons of Anarchy I kept telling my wife looked just like a monkey. I wasn’t being mean, just observational. And certainly not racist.
    also, I honestly don’t know why it’a Considered racist to say that. Is this some holdover from 100 years ago again?

Ron Perlman?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ron Perlman?

Yes. There were a few scenes where he looked tired and mandible was loose and forward. Striking

regarding original topic: what are acceptable things rosanne could have insulted her about and not been terminated? I’m trying to find a recent liberal comedian who made direct and incredibly vulgar comments about a republican woman to see how that was handled. Shame the left never uses female comedians to make political points :(. And rosanne is no conservative, don’t think that for a moment

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I figured Roseanne's original tweet was just for publicity - and it worked.

That the exercise backfired is proof... of something. :)

Top Bottom