That didn't last long. ABC Cancels Roseanne after tweet about Obama aid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yes. There were a few scenes where he looked tired and mandible was loose and forward. Striking

regarding original topic: what are acceptable things rosanne could have insulted her about and not been terminated? I’m trying to find a recent liberal comedian who made direct and incredibly vulgar comments about a republican woman to see how that was handled. Shame the left never uses female comedians to make political points :(. And rosanne is no conservative, don’t think that for a moment

A cross between the Muslim Brotherhood and Josef Stalin? I think that would've been an apt, if pointed, analogy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There’s an actor on Sons of Anarchy I kept telling my wife looked just like a monkey. I wasn’t being mean, just observational. And certainly not racist.
    also, I honestly don’t know why it’a Considered racist to say that. Is this some holdover from 100 years ago again?

You were either extremely sheltered, or you're intellectually dishonest. You might be the first person I've encountered that didn't know the history or referring to black (or Asian) people as monkeys, is considered highly offensive. Is there anybody else besides HD, who are honestly confused about this?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I have a dream. That one day when a black person says a racist remark about a white person it will be looked upon with the same hate and outrage and public scrutiny. Yes I had a dream. Then i woke up

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You were either extremely sheltered, or you're intellectually dishonest. You might be the first person I've encountered that didn't know the history or referring to black (or Asian) people as monkeys, is considered highly offensive. Is there anybody else besides HD, who are honestly confused about this?

I had to explain it to my post-millenial teenage kids in the last year or so.

It isn't exactly an intuitive thing. Especially for people that grew up in a post-racial world, the notion of comparing an entire ethnic group to monkeys just doesn't enter their mind.

Oh, I think its also worth noting that the Japanese were subject to the same comparison for WWII propaganda.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I had to explain it to my post-millenial teenage kids in the last year or so.

It isn't exactly an intuitive thing. Especially for people that grew up in a post-racial world, the notion of comparing an entire ethnic group to monkeys just doesn't enter their mind.

Oh, I think its also worth noting that the Japanese were subject to the same comparison for WWII propaganda.

Assuredly, that exactly why I mentioned it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I grew up in my direct household breaking bread and truly believing black, yellow, red, white, ALL peoples were my family members as we all were that close. Didnt see color and that's a fact not ignorance or a lie or misdirection. Yeah I had extended family that was WAY different but i was sheltered from them.
    Some people resemble apes and Ron Perlman does and he is white and I have no problem saying that and its not racist.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I grew up in my direct household breaking bread and truly believing black, yellow, red, white, ALL peoples were my family members as we all were that close. Didnt see color and that's a fact not ignorance or a lie or misdirection. Yeah I had extended family that was WAY different but i was sheltered from them.
    Some people resemble apes and Ron Perlman does and he is white and I have no problem saying that and its not racist.

Are you saying that you were clueless that some people refer to black people as monkeys? It was a totally alien concept to you, until today?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ron Perlman?

Yes, yes...Hoosierdoc and I hate Jews.....

Don't tell me you're surprised.

aiEJH.gif

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Kut, I know it is, zero idea why :dunno:

you need to accept many of us did not grow up around racism. We don’t know the language. My main experience with it is actually “reverse” racism, affirmative action, and people exploding when a random banana peel is thrown in the woods as garbage.

just a different era. Finally.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I honestly don’t know why it’a Considered racist to say that. Is this some holdover from 100 years ago again?

Well, the roots go a bit older. The mid 1800s or so had textbooks describing blacks as closer to monkeys than whites were, savage sub-humans who resisted "civilization". "Types of Mankind", an anthropology book from 1854, begins the chapter on "African types" with:

...it is here that we find the lowest and most beastly specimans of mankind: viz., the Hottentot and the Bushman. The latter, in particular, are but little removed, both in moral and physical characters, from the orang-outan. They are not black, but of a yellowish-brown (tallow-colored, as the French term them), with wooly heads, diminutive statures, small ill-shapen crania, very projecting mouths, prognathous faces, and badly formed bodies ; in short, they are described by travellers as bearing a strong resemblance to a monkey tribe...

I remember hearing the same in the 1980s as a child, I overheard adults talking about "affirmative action" hires and one of the men said "we cut their tails off and taught them how to talk, what else do they want from us?" Then you had people throwing bananas at black athletes in Europe around the same time frame, so it was at least still a common racial remark then.

Historically, it's been a way to both dehumanize "African types" (largely, one suspects, to justify the slave trade) and to show they are lesser evolved than "Caucasians".

Edit:

The book is free to read here: https://archive.org/stream/typesmankindore01pattgoog#page/n22/mode/2up if you're interested.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    When a clown puts on the makeup they “hide” the true person some have happy make up hiding sorrow some have sad make up hiding the joy they have for taking souls of children or what ever they do.
    Mimes have make up and do not speak I believe they are more dangerous than a clown.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, the roots go a bit older. The mid 1800s or so had textbooks describing blacks as closer to monkeys than whites were, savage sub-humans who resisted "civilization". "Types of Mankind", an anthropology book from 1854, begins the chapter on "African types" with:

I remember hearing the same in the 1980s as a child, I overheard adults talking about "affirmative action" hires and one of the men said "we cut their tails off and taught them how to talk, what else do they want from us?" Then you had people throwing bananas at black athletes in Europe around the same time frame, so it was at least still a common racial remark then.

Historically, it's been a way to both dehumanize "African types" (largely, one suspects, to justify the slave trade) and to show they are lesser evolved than "Caucasians".

now that makes sense. Never learned that. And honestly, why would a school teach something so ridiculous? Not “it”, but teach that “it” was taught?

today’s world has moved so far beyond that. In our white minority culture I think we can finally leave all this racial bs behind us

Top Bottom