• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don’t give a ****, I’d just rather see the cyclists paying for plates and wheel/road/use taxes to pay for the paint for their special asses. Not that big a deal, utv’s in rural counties pay for the privilege of running on the roads, why not cyclists and horse and buggies(so I include everyone)?

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    "We let farmers run their equipment down the roads at 15 MPH, and cyclists are often going faster than that."

Farm equipment and other similar vehicles are also legally required to properly display a Slow Moving Vehicle sign and amber flashing light.
    put those on your bike and come back and talk to me.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    The mindless drivel in this thread is amazing.

Roads were first invented for bicycles, cyclists just are nice enough to let others use them.

Bicycles are by legal definition a vehicle and as such are granted all the rights, duties, and law that can be applicable.

Bicycles are legal to ride 2 abreast in Indiana.

Bicycles do not have any legal obligation to get out of your way.

There are no minimum speed limits.

Others have road rights including livestock.

You may pass a cyclist when safe to do so.

Most cyclists are insured by their homeowners policy.

If you are behind 20 cyclists and complain they did not stop at the sign, if they follow the law to the T you will get to go after the 21st complete stop.

If you harass a cyclist with your vehicle it is a threat, and they have the right of self defense against you.

Many cyclist are concealed carriers.

See my previous post about farm equipment.

You might just want to brush up on Indiana traffic code, specifically 9-21-5-7, 9-21-5-8, 9-21-8-2(b), and 9-21-5-9.

So am I when I drive. That still doesn't change the fact that as you yourself stated, bicyclists are treated equally under the law with motor vehicles.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    I don’t give a ****, I’d just rather see the cyclists paying for plates and wheel/road/use taxes to pay for the paint for their special asses. Not that big a deal, utv’s in rural counties pay for the privilege of running on the roads, why not cyclists and horse and buggies(so I include everyone)?

I pay for plates on my two cars, I pay income taxes on my two jobs, sales taxes on all my bikes, gas tax for both cars, property tax for the house I owe. All that covers the roads. And the public lands that a lot of members hunt, but I don't hunt. So please use my extra share from that for my paint.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    "We let farmers run their equipment down the roads at 15 MPH, and cyclists are often going faster than that."

Farm equipment and other similar vehicles are also legally required to properly display a Slow Moving Vehicle sign and amber flashing light.
    put those on your bike and come back and talk to me.

I ride with two flashing red taillights and a headlight. Plus I commonly exceed the 25 mph limit for a slow moving vehicle, up hill, flat, and down hill.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I mirror check a thing? Evidently all the cyclists pay more tax, use more safety devices, and ride faster than the flow of traffic they still seem to back up? Oh, and some profess higher intellect as well.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    I mirror check a thing? Evidently all the cyclists pay more tax, use more safety devices, and ride faster than the flow of traffic they still seem to back up? Oh, and some profess higher intellect as well.

And all motorists obey all laws. Again, punish all for the wrongdoings of a minority.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Perhaps you do, most don't.

I don’t even know if that’s true. It’s probably like most things, when people are doing it right and not being a**holes, I tend not to really notice. They are just part of the whole of “people doing their thing”. The ones I really remember are the ones, likely the extreme minority, who ARE being a**holes and riding in the middle, pretending not to notice the mile long line of cars behind them.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    One of my best Brown county cycle experience was 20 years ago we were hunting donw on state rd 45 on some state land and went into Need more grocery (https://goo.gl/maps/XczpYx5T2Uq) for lunch and the F''''''ng hilly hundred was that day so after taking 20 minutes to go 3 miles we went into the little store there. All the locals were pissed off, One of the locals had went down to the bottom of the real bad hill just east of the store and opened up his honey wagon at the curve,

The guy behind the counter was telling us of all the bikes going down on the curve in a slick of Pig Poo
    [h=1]39°15'58.5"N 86°19'50.3"W[/h]
    [h=2]39.266254, -86.330633[/h]
    I love this thread, It has turned into Brown county local therapy. Looks like I'm not the only one that doesn't appreciate the rude A-hole bikes

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    See my previous post about farm equipment.

You might just want to brush up on Indiana traffic code, specifically 9-21-5-7, 9-21-5-8, 9-21-8-2(b), and 9-21-5-9.

So am I when I drive. That still doesn't change the fact that as you yourself stated, bicyclists are treated equally under the law with motor vehicles.

Those are not interpreted nor enforced the way you are trying to do it. Most is not applicable to a bicycle and would only apply if the cyclist were deliberately blocking traffic. Nothing says they have to get off the road or get out of your way just "shall give right-of-way to the other vehicles by pulling off to the right of the right lane at the earliest reasonable opportunity and allowing the blocked vehicles to pass." If the road is to narrow to pass they just need rise on until they can get right and allow passing.

MM

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For your own good be cautious what you post pertaining to your dislike of cyclists, if you were in a serious injury or death accident with one they would most certainly use those statements agains you in the lawsuit. Similar to avoiding statements concerning gun use for self defense.

I am certain many are all smug about the truck video belching black smoke at the riders but if one goes over the rail and dies this guy is in jail.

If someone had been seriously injured from dumping or throwing anything on the road to cause cyclists to crash with serious injury or death the liability would be great and likely criminal charges would be involved. You could be liable just for mowing your grass on the road if someone had a serious accident.

MM

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The mindless drivel in this thread is amazing.

Roads were first invented for bicycles, cyclists just are nice enough to let others use them.

Bicycles are by legal definition a vehicle and as such are granted all the rights, duties, and law that can be applicable.

Bicycles are legal to ride 2 abreast in Indiana.

Bicycles do not have any legal obligation to get out of your way.

There are no minimum speed limits.

Others have road rights including livestock.

You may pass a cyclist when safe to do so.

Most cyclists are insured by their homeowners policy.

If you are behind 20 cyclists and complain they did not stop at the sign, if they follow the law to the T you will get to go after the 21st complete stop.

If you harass a cyclist with your vehicle it is a threat, and they have the right of self defense against you.

Many cyclist are concealed carriers.

Roads were first invented for bicycles,

No. They weren't.
    Horses, pack mules, and people were the first transports on roads.
    the Roman Empire built roads. Pretty sure Centurions weren't riding bikes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Top Bottom