Woman, with child, bumps gate at/near White House, police chase, shoot, kill her

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have a different theory on why "fear" is growing.... I think fear is being sold by the media and even the 2 party political system. I don't know if its purposely designed that way by some sort of shadow government... or if this phenomena came about organically as a symptom of 2 party politics as each party uses national events to emotionally sell its agenda. But what I do know is that Fear is the ultimate motivator!

Events in grand scale like 9/11 create a ripple in societies evolutionary pathway. If we were headed in one direction as a society before 9/11... that first plane hiting the building certainly knocked us off of our path. The media has instilled so much fear (maybe fear is good for ratings.. or maybe they are being directed to sell us fear) into our society, that collectively, we've voted ourselves into bankruptcy, we've voted away most of our 4th amendment rights and we are empowering enforcement agencies with a blank check to expand their authority and operational limits.

If society seems warped now... whats it going to be like in 10 more years? How about for our kids? At some point we are going to have to stop being scared to get back on course........

I'm not certain that it's "fear" when you have avowed enemies who have successfully completed a coordinated terror attack on our soil; the first known WMD attack by an external enemy on CONUS soil since WWII; rational thinking indicates a higher level of readiness to combat such a threat, especially from a diffuse and diverse enemy not associated with a nation-state which can be pressured or attacked directly.

Our national society has been sliding toward statism for some time; the events of 9/11/2001 caused the slide to increase its rate. It doesn't help that the fear-mongering is coming from all points of the compass. All rational Americans can do is maintain vigilance against tyranny of any form, fight to reverse it where possible, and be prepared to defend ourselves and our families and our neighbors.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Carey was shot without exiting the car, confirmed Senate Sergeant at Arms Terrance Gainer.

When her car got stuck in the grass they finished her off. I heard ABC News say on the radio that day that police were "authorized" to use force. Meaning, it did not matter if anyone's life was in danger. The panicky dental hygienist was taken out like a military target.

She was a fleeing felon, deadly force is authorized as a matter of common law.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Summary Execution: Keeping taxes down one potential inmate at a time!

Oh, OK. So EVERY time a LEO makes a split second, potentially life-threatening decision to use deadly force, resulting in death, it's summary execution. Riiiiiiiiight. I'll say this one last time. You weren't there. You are talking out of your ass.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Oh, OK. So EVERY time a LEO makes a split second decision to use deadly force, resulting in death, it's summary execution. Riiiiiiiiight. I'll say this one last time. You weren't there. You are talking out of your ass.

that's the general opinion of some of the "INGO Libbers" talk to them long enough about the police state, loss or rights, militarization or whatever talking points they have and they read will tie it in with some fantasyland free market solution.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Oh, OK. So EVERY time a LEO makes a split second, potentially life-threatening decision to use deadly force, resulting in death, it's summary execution. Riiiiiiiiight. I'll say this one last time. You weren't there. You are talking out of your ass.

And neither were you... sooooo....?

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Okay, think at it from her point of view. So a woman gets caught up in temporary barriers and hits one of them. As she is fleeing in a state of confusion, she clips a couple cars and guys in street clothes are pointing guns at her. Eventually she is brought to a halt without significant damage to her car, the baby is removed from the vehicle by the men pointing guns, and then is shot to death. How do you explain that? Just because she is running from law enforcement she is disposed of? Of all the car chased you have ever seen, how many end up with the perp being shot through the windows?

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Okay, think at it from her point of view. So a woman gets caught up in temporary barriers and hits one of them. As she is fleeing in a state of confusion, she clips a couple cars and guys in street clothes are pointing guns at her. Eventually she is brought to a halt without significant damage to her car, the baby is removed from the vehicle by the men pointing guns, and then is shot to death.

Okay, think of it from her point of view. So a female terrorist gets caught up in the temporary barriers while trying to get though them. Her plot to assassinate the president foiled, she flees, determined to take as many lives as she can. She manages to damage some cars and successfully clip a couple of fascist pigs pointing guns at her. Eventually she is brought to a halt without significant damage to her car, the weapon she has used to damage and maim. Still plotting death, she watches them remove the baby from the car as she plans to kill more LEOs. Heroically, the LEOs overcome her, stopping this terrorist threat.

Now I don't know which version, if either, is correct. Neither do you. And neither did the LEOs responding to the calls they were getting. They had to respond, with split second timing, to the threat that was damaging property, running over fellow officers and threatening the people of downtown DC. They were called to do their duty, to protect the POTUS, the people of DC, their fellow officers, and themselves. And all they had to rely on at the time were their own observations, instincts and training.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    And neither were you... sooooo....?

Soooooo... NEITHER of us know what happened. Even the LEOS, who were on scene, had no idea of her motives. They had to react on observation, instinct and training.

I'm not saying this isn't tragic. That woman should not have had to die. Sadly, she (either knowingly or not) put herself into a perfect storm of suicide-by-cop.

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    Ummm... don't think there is anything or anyone at the white house worth getting killed over or worth killing someone over .. Looks like its going to be that way for a very long time. here a friendly tip ---Just don't get into a fender bender near D.C. or you could end up being used for target practice.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Ummm... don't think there is anything or anyone at the white house worth getting killed over or worth killing someone over .. Looks like its going to be that way for a very long time. here a friendly tip ---Just don't get into a fender bender near D.C. or you could end up being used for target practice.

Don't fail to stop when a police officer tries to stop you after a "fender bender"; don't almost run over a cop avoiding being stopped by the police after a "fender bender"; don't lead police on a chase through the nation's capitol after almost running over a cop while fleeing after being stopped for having a "fender bender" . . .

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    She was a fleeing felon, deadly force is authorized as a matter of common law.

That may have been the case right up until 1985 but it certainly is not in 2013. Tenn. v. Garner abrogated the common law rule on fleeing felons and imposes a completely different 14th/5th amendment test for use of deadly force.

I'm not saying that deadly force was not justified in this case, as I believe it was. However, the common law rule you cite has been bad law for decades.

Joe

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Haaa... don't get your fender bender panties in a twist whilst sporting them jack boots. Haaa.

You apparently don't understand that it wasn't "just a fender bender", it was a concatenation of escalating events that caused the use of deadly force. It all could have been prevented had the woman stopped in the first place.

lane440

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    whiteland
    You Apparently don't understand that I don't care about your over emotional attitude .. You clearly must have been there and seen the whole thing with your own eyes , have you ever noticed some groups of people tend to over react ??

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    So many on this forum are easily led by the media ring inserted in their nose. This woman deserved to die and did. It really is that simple. The rest is media manipulation and sensationalism and your lower intellect being led down a path created by them. Try harder.

Top Bottom