• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Many years ago I bought an FIE Buffalo Scout in 22LR. The cylinder was out of time and it shaved lead right out of the box. You couldn't hit anything unless you threw the gun at it. I traded it off about as quick as I bought it. Lost my butt on that deal, cause the dealer didn't really want it back either. Don't even remember what I traded it for.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Kimmel AP 9

images

The thing was a jam-o-matic. I finally traded it to a guy at the 1500 for a .380 Makarov, which was probably one of the best trades I've made. Never had a problem with that Mak. My buddy twisted my arm until I sold it to him, which I regret now. I've a Bersa Thunder CC, but it's not the same.

The tie for that Kimmel was my Rossi Ranch Hand .357. I made it through half a box of ammo in it before the extractor broke. Sent it into Rossi for warranty repair, where it promptly disappeared into a black hole. I got a letter after they initially received it saying it would be done within 2 weeks. After 8 weeks I called them and had them tell me that the letter was incorrect and it was 4 to 6 weeks for a repair. I replied that either way, it had been longer than either period of time, which finally got through to the lady I was talking to. She told me she would look into it and call me back. Well, of course she never called me back, but I magically received a package 3 days later (which tells me they were just sitting on it somewhere in their warehouse).

Here's what it looked like when I received it:

photo.JPG

Awesome. :n00b:

Luckily the rust came right off with some oil and didn't appear to have caused any damage to the surfaces (well, any damage that I could see, I'm sure there is some since it rusted). But, it's been working like a champ ever since, so I decided not to go through the pain of dealing with Rossi support again.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    A friend of mine had a Raven 25. He was firing it in his back yard when the slide flew off and hit him in the forehead.

My biggest POS gun was an Intratec Protec 25. Light primer strikes, FTF's and FTE's.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, I'd have to say that my worst new gun has been the Bersa Thunder .380. I fired it infrequently, but kept it cleaned and properly oiled. I was shooting it several months back and something went wrong. I have not gotten around to getting it fixed, but the gun will only fire if held upside down. I'd never heard a bad thing said about Bersa, so I was shocked when it broke. Any suggestions?

Beansay

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2011
    Owen County, IN
    A cobray mac11/9, it was a true pos. Whoever designed the semi auto trigger group for that abortion should have had to take it into a gunfight.

Had it fixed as best I could and sold it to a guy, told him how bad it was and he still had to have it.

Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    GSG-5, Gen 2, pre lawsuit changes...the price dropped almost $200 two weeks after I bought it, became worse over time about what ammo it would cycle, the mags had to be completely detailed between range trips (sometimes at the range) to feed ammo, ran out of windage adjustment zeroing the irons but they still wouldn't zero, (five people shot the rifle with the same result,) and it's built like an airsoft gun. Luckily a family member took it off my hands for a decent price.

This is why I won't buy "the 22lr version" of anything ever again.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Early model Taurus 65CH. I bought it used and the crane was slightly bent, so the cylinder didn't rotate freely at a certain point. You'd shoot a few rounds, then have to take your hand and rock the cylinder, then you could fire the rest.

Trigger pull was really heavy, even for a DA, and the sights were basically invisible in anything but ideal conditions.

vtxrecruiter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    West Indy
    Worst brand I ever had to sell on a regular basis: Taurus- we returned 5 times more for service for guns we sold new to the customer than any other brand; Judges were the worst. ICK!

Worst gun I ever owned- Sig Sauer Mosquito JAM-O-MATIC!!!
    Sold it after 2 trips back to Sig. Buyer was using a YHM Mite can, and it ran good with the added backpressure but STILL!!!, Come on Sig, fix your .22!!!!

Top Bottom