• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Safir Arms (Turkey) T14
    It's an AR15 platform, and chambered for .410 bore. I only bought the upper,(brand new) but that was enough.

Simply won't feed properly. When it does, about half of the time it has a failure to eject, which then causes a jamb trying to feed the next case.

The bolt looked like someone had cut it out of bar stock with a hacksaw, and left it at that. Firing pin hole was not centered on the bolt face. Extractor arm had too much material on the bottom side so a shell rim would not fit under extractor, and also had an under-sized spring. The ejector would simply flop back and forth in it's slot in the bolt.

Think customer service is bad with some companies in the U.S.? Try Turkey!

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    Rem 700 5R Rifling 20" threaded. Great gun, fed like crap from the stock internal magazine. Plopped it into an AX chassis, ran great. But that's the biggest flaw of any new firearm I've purchased, though I've only purchased a handful of new guns. Most of mine come pre-loved.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Unfortunately, I'd have to say that my worst new gun has been the Bersa Thunder .380. I fired it infrequently, but kept it cleaned and properly oiled. I was shooting it several months back and something went wrong. I have not gotten around to getting it fixed, but the gun will only fire if held upside down. I'd never heard a bad thing said about Bersa, so I was shocked when it broke. Any suggestions?

There was a period where the Bersa 380 had disconnector issues. I think it was around the 2008 production batch. Contact the warranty center in Colorado. IIRC, it was Colorado Gun Works and I think the head gunsmith was Royce. They will take care of you and you'll get the gun back working as nicely as ever.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    As a Glock and M&P "fanboy", I am glad to see none of them on the list.

I have owned many guns but none that were horrible. I shoot a lot, so my worst gun would have to be one of my favorites as weird as that sounds.

My 7 year old Taurus PT145. It has been completely reliable through 6,000 rounds, but it is pretty inaccurate. Doesn't have a great trigger, but I've always enjoyed shooting it.

geoexchange

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Taurus M44. Beautiful pistol, great trigger (almost S&W). Went out of time after one cylinder full of factory ammo. Sent in, got the "dirty" story. Next 20 rounds physically locked up the cylinder. Traded for a Super Redhawk - and told the guy the problems with the Taurus. He was a Taurus fan, and said he would send it in. I'm afraid to ask him about how that went!

Next was a new 11-87. I shoot a lot of trap, but wore out the barrel/lockup "groove" in around 500 rounds. Definitely not built like they used to be.

No more Taurus for me. Remington still seems to make some good stuff, but I probably won't be buying a new shot gun from them. Wife still loves her old 1100 with thousands of rounds through it though!

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Every time one of these threads comes up, I post the same POS gun I bought.

Kel Tec .32

(Now, having said that, I should point out that I bought one of the first P32 models they produced, and it's possible that subsequent models have improved. But I'll tell you, for me the damage is done; I won't touch any of their other stuff.)

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    Rossi Ranch Hand in 44 magnum. It didnt like to cycle very well. The action was really rough and would almost bounce the rounds out of the gun while working the lever. Not to mention i couldnt hit jack with it. I consistently shot way low or way high. But it looked really cool.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    This one is easy for me it was a Winchester Model 250. Bought brand new and never work right many miss fires failure to eject etc and the kicker was a head space problem that made the fire arm unsafe. Had to dispose of it as would never sell it to anyone else.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Around 1980 friend an me bought 2 M1 Universal Carbines from JC Penny for 149.00 each. The accuracy on mine, scope or no scope was the worse I have ever seen, real bad. My friends was great for accuracy....later I looked down the muzzle an it was egg shaped....pretty sure it should of been round....it got traded.

lonegun3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    HK USP Compact. Hated the recoil on that gun compared to my Glock. Magazines and parts were pretty high at the time too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Taurus 738 TCP Stainless in .380
    Got it for my fiance and I swear that gun was possessed by demons from the very beginning. We had numerous FTFs with both magazines that came with it. I ended up going back to the store and getting two new ones. After replacing both magazines everything was going good until firing pin flew out of the gun during me shooting it.

Loaded fresh mag, fired first two rounds and after two bangs all I got was click, click. Clear the weapon, examine primer on a round that was in a chamber, seems fine.... Then I notice that I can see from the rear of the gun all the way through the barrel.... All this with less then 50 rounds with a brand new gun.

Ended up sending it back to Taurus and got it back in two weeks. I don't know what kind of exorcism they did but it works great now.

Top Bottom